Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it you that can't understand that - everybody else already grasps that Dunfermline has a much bigger budget - so what!

Okay, we get more fans to one game than Cowden get to Central in almost half a season and can't understand why we have a massively bigger budget :P[/quote

Everyone knows you have a bigger budget, nobody knows why you can't stick to it.]

:rolleyes:

Research is already underway for the second volume. No idea when they plan to write it though.

Where did Yorkston and the rest of the board think crowds of 8k would come from? Why did they think it was realistic? There was zero basis for it.

Thanks to everyone that has good things to say about the book. Re volume 2, we have Dunfermline Press Archives done up until 2011 and several interviews - including just over an hour from Stephen Kenny. There is enough to get the book started but it is just finding the time as it is all voluntary.

Thanks to everyone that has good things to say about the book. Re volume 2, we have Dunfermline Press Archives done up until 2011 and several interviews - including just over an hour from Stephen Kenny. There is enough to get the book started but it is just finding the time as it is all voluntary.

Not got a copy yet but will try and grab one soon - heard nothing but good things about it so well done.

Legends and The Gallery were tragic under Yorkston and utterly wasted. The entire concept of Legends was fucking rotten, with the shitey sports 'memoribilia' and that fucking Elvis thing (I do remember a picture of it being removed when Legends was redone; they should change the name of it as well). Did anyone ever use The Gallery? Having Legends open every day was laughable stuff as well. I thought these guys were supposed to be businessmen.

Legends and Charlie D's are usually busy before almost every home game. The way they are used now just shows how wasted the spaces were under Yorkston et al.

Get a crowdfunding page going, I'm sure plenty of Pars would would put a few quid towards the project.

Some of the material is just incredible. The sheer number of long-term contracts and high transfer fees is insane. Greg Shields being signed two weeks before the squad is asked to take a sizeable wage cut being the "highlight". Totally moronic management of a football club from those in charge.

Yorkston on Masterton "I think he should know a feasible business plan when he sees one"

"Yorkston reiterates the board has "a sound business plan in place to ensure the ongoing viability of this club""

Scott Wilson on his first impressions of Dunfermline "When I first came to Dunfermline, they had more staff than they had at Rangers. I thought, "What's going on here?"

There are funny parts as well; fans critical of the Brewster signing made me laugh and shows that sometime we talk out of our own arses, Rossi randomnly reporting for pre-season training at the start of 03/04 was also a great visual. Think the saddest part, other than the Norrie stuff, was how sad everyone was that Chris McGroarty's career never went anywhere. I remember thinking how good a player he was and my Dad saying he was destined to go down South or play for the OF. A warning to Ryan Williamson about what can happen when things don't go to plan.

As for everything after Davie Hay took charge...*shudders*

I really enjoy the interviews and insights from former players and managers. They are the best parts, along with the exhaustive research and nostalgia. Hope there is similar great content in Volume II.

It'll be re-read many times, absolute quality.

Surprised how much support Driftwood and Hegarty got though. I seen one training session by them and it was utterly prehistoric: long balls punted into the box whilst Mehmet and Labonte kicked a ball around between themselves at the other end.