Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can think of a few that rhyme with Moore though.

Talk of Ireland is a good excuse to remember the legendary Stephen Kenny and a heartwarming tale about his jumper.

I like how the reporter started off with a complex summary in the bold writing, and then went on to explain it in more depth in the opening paragraph.

Callum Fordyce has said that he'll not play this season, he's already focusing on just trying to get fit for pre-season. Sare yin, that's the best part of a full season he'll have been out.

On the other hand his positional discipline its utterly terrible.

:lol: Very good

Had a look on dot net and a thread on who we should keep for next season seems to have irked someone at the club. If that site is to be monitored by the club then best to be open like that - eg the club says would you mind not talking about what players we should punt? There's always this place for folk who want to talk more openly. I think it's a good question and perfectly valid but can understand it might not make for pleasant reading for folk worried about getting a contract etc.

This site is more healthy though and welcomes all sorts of maniacs with open arms.

I don't think anyone at the club should be irked by fans discussing DAFC. We need people talking about the Pars and dotnet has a shameful record of discouraging interest by banning decent fans, so they are not a positive influence. Actually, anyone at the club giving credibility to dotnet as they ban decent fans should have a rethink.

There is always a tension around discussing players. Just think about the boo boys at games.

Not sure if you mean me Shandon Par........I'm not involved with the club at all but I thought the thread was unnecessary and said as such. I just think using language like "I'd not lose any sleep if we punted him" & "get rid of him" are pretty tactless at this point in time to be honest. We need everyone in the squad pulling together to try & get us over the line & as I said on .net it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if one of those deemed not good enough scored the crucial goal that hopefully wins us the league.

Not sure if you mean me Shandon Par........I'm not involved with the club at all but I thought the thread was unnecessary and said as such. I just think using language like "I'd not lose any sleep if we punted him" & "get rid of him" are pretty tactless at this point in time to be honest. We need everyone in the squad pulling together to try & get us over the line & as I said on .net it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if one of those deemed not good enough scored the crucial goal that hopefully wins us the league.

Oh I'm not losing over sleep over it! I think it would just benefit from either being explicitly in-house, with set rules, or just left to its own devices. A couple of admin folk said they'd had people from within the club suggest it was in bad taste.

Your comments are like any comments you'd see on here - folk can openly discuss and disagree. If a player or his family was to log on and be offended by folk saying 'punt him', surely they should be equally reassured by someone else (eg you) sticking up for them? I can see your point that maybe it would be best not to even have the debate in the first place but in an open forum you have the chance to shoot folk down if you think they're talking pish.

There's also the argument that a player not thinking he is wanted will try extra hard. Remember Jimmy C telling Lee Bullen he wasn't wanted. Bullen went out and played out of his skin and earned a new deal.

If players get released at the end of the season, it'll be because they've been deemed not good enough by the coaching staff. The views of supporters are utterly irrelevant. Therefore, we can speculate about who might be kept on and who might get punted all day long and anyone getting offended or upset by it needs to calm down and not take themselves so seriously. I doubt any player gives two fucks about any of our opinions on their future.

Surprised to see folk are actually offended by others saying "wouldn't be too fussed if he didn't sign" etc. Since when was it abnormal for fans to discuss who they want to see in the team next season?

It was discussed on a discussion forum ffs, hardly written letters sent personally to the coaching staff for contract advice.