Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 10/16/2016 at 02:09, TheMessiah said:

Callum Fordyce and Andy Geggan, the only other player who can play there is Martin, he is needed more elsewhere in the defense. How you can target Williamson as a key issue and focus on him so much when you barely touched on Hutton, Fordyce, McCabe, Higginbotham, Moffat, Reilly or even the general lack of confidence, cohesion and sharpness of the tea as a whole is beyond me.

Williamson is excellent going forward and below average defensively, this season is obviously a steep learning curve for him, I have every confidence that he will be able to improve, as he has done throughout his career to at very least competent defensively, removing one of the most promising players to come through our youth system in years because he needs to improve is exactly the kind of mentality that led to us failing to bring through youth players on a regular basis for over a decade.

Williamson was an utter shitebag going forward on Saturday. Every time it looked like he was going to have to commit to a 50/50, he just completely stopped. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Clark has scored a couple of goals at least.

Even Gavin Reilly has scored twice.

I'm not trying to argue Williamson has been great or even decent this season. He probably should be dropped. Just pointing out we have several players not hitting the heights expected of them and changing one player isn't going to lead to us storming up the league.

Although, if McCabe starts against Hibs then I'll probably just stay in the house.

Wedderburn didn't look like he was carrying any sort of injury during the warm-up on Saturday. Really hope either him or Herron start against Hibs.

Playing a midfielder and defender who don't try defensively and can't defend respectively is asking for defeat every week.

It's so easy to beat us, I said before kick off that Hypolyte would cause bother. Ten mins in and every attack is down our right hand side. It's so frustrating to get beat and to know exactly where the mistakes will occur.

Falkirk barely needed any tactics other than pass it to the winger or let Sibbald control it.

I've never seen someone stand so far away from attackers or actually run away from the ball when their job is to stop attacks and wide players. It really is laughable and not as noticeable when we were up against part time players. I'm not asking for thunderous tackles but with long legs and speed it should be a contest at least?

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ has lost the dressing room after picking the same two diddies every week ahead of more accomplished players. Everything he got right last season has gone out of the window. He had months to get it right and a large budget and has made a complete mess of it.

Edited by D.A.F.C

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Wedderburn didn't look like he was carrying any sort of injury during the warm-up on Saturday. Really hope either him or Herron start against Hibs.

I hope the both of them start TBQHWY.

Geggan and McCabe both deserve to be dropped. I think we all knew McCabe would be shite but Geggan has been really disappointing. 

6 hours ago, smpar said:

Williamson was an utter shitebag going forward on Saturday. Every time it looked like he was going to have to commit to a 50/50, he just completely stopped. 

I said that in my summary of the match, seemed like he'd been told not to overlap for some reason.

Hutton wouldn't normally I don't think, especially with so many overage players outfield. Gill isn't in goals though so maybe he's going to be on the bench on Saturday? 

It's currently 5-1, Galloway got the 3rd with a low shot from the edge of the box and Moffat completed his hat trick with two quick goals from inside the box (although he should have had one peer to that too).

If we wanted to cut Reilly's loan short would that mean we would have to pay Hearts some sort of fee? I think it is important that we get Herron and El Alagui signed up for the rest of the season tbh. It would be smashing if we could punt some players, but that isn't going to happen if they're under contract. We could be doing with a couple of good defenders tbh. 

I'm just hoping any Cowden, Rovers or Airdrie fan can pop along to this thread to let us know how the finances are going, haven't had an update for a while. Maybe even Wasps1 can let us know who we're signing in January.