Fun fact; Glorious Domination was originally written for someone else. When Roode was picking his entrance music it was only there because they decided not to use it for whoever it was originally written for. Seemingly HHH had to convince Roode to use it as well

So who goes on to challenge Roode now for the title. The only single wrestlers in NXT main roster that are faces are: No Way Jose, Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong and Hideo Itami (injured)?

Given Dillingers popularity I'm sure he would fill the gap for a month or two but he isn't exactly serious competition

So who goes on to challenge Roode now for the title. The only single wrestlers in NXT main roster that are faces are: No Way Jose, Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong and Hideo Itami (injured)?
Given Dillingers popularity I'm sure he would fill the gap for a month or two but he isn't exactly serious competition

Kassius Ohno

For what was one of the weakest cards in a while, I thought that was a pretty good show.  Skipped the Almas/Strong match, as I really don't give a shit, and the Dillinger match was just ok, but once it got to the tag team match they managed to tell a decent story through all of the matches.

Tag team match ended the right way - good to keep the AoP unbeaten for now.  Shame we're still having to wait for the inevitable Ciampa/Gargano feud.  That'll be absolutely brilliant when it happens.  Hard to see where AoP go after they presumably win their rematch though.  There isn't really anyone on the roster that can believably beat them.  Maybe they'll just have DIY go through a program and eventually win them back...meh.

Women's match again told a good story, good considering how obvious the outcome was.  I haven't really seen Nikki Cross in anything before, was quite impressed with her.  Interested to see a one-on-one between her and Asuka.  Kay and Royce were absolute dog shit, and managed to do the "fight in a wetherspoons car park" look much better than Cross.  Probably the right thing to have them take Cross out though - if they'd had Asuka handily beat all 3, it's hard to tell a story from there.

The main event was one of the better Nakamura matches I've seen.  Again told a decent story throughout with Roode playing the cowardly heel, then the smart heel.  Nak's selling was also a lot better, to the point where he looked genuinely injured with his knee.  That says more about how terribly he sold before, mind, but the spot did look genuinely idiotic to try, and like it could have genuinely injured him.  f**k was Tensai doing out there too?

From here, I know it's almost certain that Nakamura isn't going up, but I'd be an absolute stain on the floor if he appears tonight.  If I was booking it, and the choice was for him to come up, I'd keep him out of the Rumble altogether and have him debut elsewhere.  f**k it, have Styles retain and Naks comes in and kicks his head off.  He isn't though - another long slog of a program to try and get it back from Roode with the rubber in Orlando.  Then he can come up at the RAW after WM.  If they want him up at all.

Honourable mention for Rollins too - interesting to see them try and merge the lines between the brands like that.