spoilers for the next Takeover card, avoid if you don't want to know, but...

Not really too much to talk about.  Bayley gets a shot to win the title back against Asuka (which presumably she loses and gets promoted after)

American Alpha face the Authors of Pain, Revival face Ciampa and Gargano for the titles, Almas faces Roode, No Way Jose vs Aries...

So yeah, not really that much to get excited about.  Except Samoa Joe vs Nakamura.  Fucking ooft.

Nah man, Joe might have been pretty ordinary when he first joined but he's been pretty excellent over the last few months and his matches have always been really watchable.

Did anyone watch this week's show? The match between Balor and Nakamura had some really nice moments in it but Nak's failure to sell his injured leg during the latter parts of the match left me cold and confused. Despite Balor spending most of the fight working on his left knee, it really counted for nothing come the end.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Nah man, Joe might have been pretty ordinary when he first joined but he's been pretty excellent over the last few months and his matches have always been really watchable.

Did anyone watch this week's show? The match between Balor and Nakamura had some really nice moments in it but Nak's failure to sell his injured leg during the latter parts of the match left me cold and confused. Despite Balor spending most of the fight working on his left knee, it really counted for nothing come the end.

I agree partly.  Anywhere I've read seems to point to Nakamura never selling the knee, but he did in parts, which almost makes it worse.  Continuity was not good in the match, which took it down a few grades.  Still a great match, but if Nakamura doesn't learn to sell properly, it's going to keep happening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bernardblack
The Revival are really special at the moment. The Bucks have been my favourite tag team for ages but these two are going to take their place.

Yup. They are some team.

That violin entrance for Nakamura

Haven't watched NXT since the brand split. The tag match was one of the best matches I have seen. 

I was worried for NXT after the split due to so many being moved on but after watching last nights event it will do just fine. 

I was wondering if it would ever be worth bringing people back to NXT to let them "shine" again. The Ascension, Breeze f**k even Wyatt would be better back there. 

Edited to add Roode's theme is indeed GLORIOUS

Edited by diamond_for_life

Really enjoyable show, but then you don't really expect anything else from an NXT PPV these days.

Bobby Roode really looked the part and his entrance and theme music are excellent (although his finisher is shit, it's just a daft pump-handle slam!), Ember Moon should add some credibility to the challenge for the women's title, and the tag-team match was fantastic. Keeping the belts on The Revival was the right thing to do, they're a nasty pair of bastards and their work on Johnny Gargano's knee at the end was just plain mean. Love them.

Shinsuke Nakamura, dearie me. Might be one of the sexiest wrestlers I've ever seen. Some boy.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas