Why is Elias Samson a thing? He's shite.

Tyer Bate had a match on NXT this week. Seemed to be fairly popular.

Most of this week's episode was a recap of Takeover, with only two matches (the aforementioned dreadful Samson vs No Way Jose and Ember Moon against Aliyah).

Ember Moon is being positioned as the one to finally beat Askua. I reckon we'll see that happen at the show before Mania (I'm assuming they're having one) and after Mania Asuka will go to the main roster.

With it being more of a round up show most folk weren't there. Bobby Roode will be there next week to address the crowd as new champ for the first time, where no doubt we'll meet his new challenger. In a telling piece of footage, Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno was clearly shown helping Nakamura backstage after the title match at Takeover.

Decent enough episode.

The opening triple threat for the number 1 contendership for the Woman's Title was a bit rough. Probably not a good idea to have Liv Morgan and Peyton Royce alone in the ring for extended periods. Thought they wasted Ember Moon here, although her sunset superplex was lovely. Right result I'd say as there's no way Peyton will beat Asuka. I imagine they're saving Asuka vs Ember Moon for Takeover Orlando.

Oh and I hope they haven't changed Peyton Royce's music permanently (unless she and Billie Kay have different entrance themes?).

Dunne vs Andrews was good. Some really nice reversals from Andrews here. Dunne came across as a star though and was over right from the start.

Roode was No Way Jose was serviceable. However the after match stuff was good. Will we see a triple threat for the title at Takeover (assuming Nakamura will be back soon)?

Next week's show looks good with two title matches (Woman's and Tag Titles).

Edited by DA Baracus

They've "announced" the card for Orlando thanks to the recent tapings.  Definite spoilers within

It seems to be a bit of an approximation though.  From reading the results from the tapings, I could only see one or two matches that were absolutely set in stone.  Authors of Pain, DIY and the Revival are going to be in a triple threat, which is going to be great I think.  Looks like Ember Moon and Asuka is pretty much set.  Haven't seen too much of the former, and I was hoping for Asuka vs Nikki Cross, but it'll be a good match.  Not really sure what they're going to do with Asuka to be honest - she's too good for the vast majority of the roster and I'm not sure it's particularly believable that she be beaten at any point.  I'd have her relinquish the title like how Paige did, then they can have some tournament after she's brought up.  If they even want her brought up.

The rest of the card seems like they're just filling in blanks.  They've got Nakamura going up against Roode again, which was pretty obvious.  Roode is going to beat Ohno on the nXT show itself at one point, so looks like they used that one up.  Apart from that, there's an 8 person mixed tag involving Sanity and some others.  And Bate will defend against Dunn, which could be good.  Can't say it's jumping out as being a particularly special card, which is a shame given this is surely the show with the biggest exposure.

Given recent events it'll be

Tye, No Way Jose, Roderick Strong and some lassie (a face) vs Sanity. Surely they can't just use up Ohno and not have him do anything of note on the card? They'll built him up quite a bit and he's coming back in right at the top.

Asuka will lose the belt to Ember Moon and surely move up to the main roster afterwards. The women's division is pretty shallow right now though. Royce is average at best in the ring whilst Billy Kay doesn't belong in it. Liv Morgan (if Alexa Bliss and Carmella had a daughter she'd be the product) is ok in the ring but bland. Hopefully Nikki Cross can be given a chance at the top of the women's division.

That Triple Threat Tag could be all sorts of awesome. Bate vs Dunne could be special as well.

• 3 weeks later...

No.

NXT will be in Aberdeen on 5th June.

Takeover Orlando should be decent. The spoilers above are no longer spoilers since they've announced some of the matches. So far confirmed are;

Asuka vs Ember Moon for the NXT Woman's Title

Authors of Pain vs The Revival vs DIY in an elimination match for the NXT Tag Team Titles

Bobby Roode vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the NXT Title

No other matches have been confirmed yet. Next week on NXT Ohno will face Elias Samon in a 'Loser Leaves NXT' match. This week saw another Alestair Black (Tommy End) vignette. I imagine he'll debut after Takeover. Could be a new content for the NXT Title. Hopefully Shinsuke will be going to the main roster after Takeover.

I liked Heavy Machinery. They were fun and their double team moves were enjoyable. Think they could do well.

As expected Sanity will face Dillinger, No Way, Strong and Ruby Riot (formerly Heidi Lovelace) in a four on four match at Takeover.

Thought Ohno had sorted his attire by wearing a looser top, but then he tucked it in tightly. Someone needs to have a word.

Still, Ohno is great in the ring and match with Elias Samson was decent. Samson is utterly pish so him losing hopefully means he just fucks off instead of going to the main roster (though rumours indicate that's exactly where he's going).

Is Ohno just to be left without a match at Takeover? Seems a waste.

Least interested I've been in NXT since the rebrand. It just seems to be in a bit of a rut, but that's to be expected at times given it is a developmental territory. Fan of Bobby Roode though, so looking forward to him and Nakamura as well as Asuka vs Moon. The tag triple threat should be pretty good as well. Certainly the weakest Takeover card so far though.