Looks like Black is probably coming up then.  Can't see him winning the title back, and no real point in having him around to feud with anyone they have down there.  He can take the pin from Ciampa, go up, and then leave one final match for Gargano with some extra stakes added in the November Takeover.  

They could just go with Gargano here if they get itchy feet, but I don't think NXT suffers from that as badly as the main roster does.  I'd be a bit disappointed if they didn't have one final 1 on 1 blowoff with the nigh-on-perfect way they've built it so far.  Only thing is where they go in terms of stipulation - first ever hell in a cell match in NXT?  It's allegedly going to be another WarGames in November, so I guess they could just bring the cage down for that and do something a bit different?

Takeover is going to piss all over Summerslam. Card is;

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

Shayna Bazler vs Kairi Sane for the NXT Women's title

Adam Cole vs Ricochet for the NXT North American title

Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain for the NXT Tag Team titles

Tomasso Ciampa vs Alestair Black vs Johnny Gargano for the NXT Title 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

5 matches, all built very well, and a little under 3 hours.  What a terrible idea, will never catch on :rolleyes:

On 02/08/2018 at 17:14, DA Baracus said:

EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

:wub:

Really looking forward to this.

8 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Black might be out of the main event. Trilogy to end on Summerslam weekend or a cop out finish?

As good as Black is, that would probably make the match better. The last 2 Gargano/Ciampa matches were fucking incredible so seeing them go one on one again would be brilliant.

Think they'll finish it clean. The winner can work a programme with Black and the loser can go to Smackdown as both are too good to not be on the main roster.

Edited by DA Baracus

The way they were talking though was like the injury would need surgery, but he still had a chance of being involved.  Sounds madness, but I guess it depends how they booked it.  Could be possible that they do a spot that takes him out of the match and essentially leaves it a 1-on-1 without having to change long-term plans.  I assumed Black was coming up after this one anyway, leaving chance for one more Gargano/Ciampa match.  Black just goes up once he's healthy.

Looks like Black is indeed out of Takeover, Ciampa now advertising a Last Man Standing match with Gargano.  Puts them in a difficult position - imagine the long term idea was to get Gargano winning the title, presumably at the one after this one.  Seems a bit early to take it off Ciampa, and I doubt they'll do another match.

• 2 weeks later...

That was just a simply tremendous show.

Adam Cole vs Ricochet - the Superkick while Ricochet was in mid backfili is probably the legit best spot I've ever seen. It looked so difficult and they both perfected it to a T. It also connected with Ricochet's neck/throat and was stiff as f**k. It was wonderful looking.

Spoilered the video of the spot as although the vid itself gives nothing away, it does show a screenshot of the match winner as the thumbnail

[/spioler]

Edited by djchapsticks