Not sure what to make of that last night. The tag-team match was excellent, and the championship fight between Bayley and Sasha Banks was wonderful and brought the former's arc to a very satisfying conclusion but the rest was a bit... Underwhelming. Maybe it's because I still can't get over how good Revolution was back in November, but some of the matches seemed a little half-baked.

I wasn't too impressed by Jushin Thunder Liger and felt his reputation carried him through the match. I didn't think there was much point in him going over Breeze either. The ending to Samoa Joe-Corbin was lazily written. And the ladder match lacked that wee bit of drama. Maybe Owens was saving himself for his match with Cesaro tonight?

But the biggest complaint is with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. We all know NXT is great, we don't need you to remind us. And fuck Stephanie McMahon taking credit for the "Divas Revolution" on the main roster. Nothing's happened at all - there's just more women, competent wrestlers, now fighting in the division. Other than one being on one team and some being on another (why are they on teams?) there's no motivation for them to fight one another.

Can't stand the pair of them. What do they want?

Answered my own question I think NXT Takeover will be the one on Wed 16th from Wembley Arena. I'll be having a bit of that.

Reckon they will sell out the Hydro?

They'll get a very decent turnout for it. Can't wait to go.

Enjoyed Takeover - Banks vs Bayley was match of the night by a country mile.

Edited by The Naitch

I was enjoying Liger but really didn't think he'd go over. The Vaudevillains are a class act! Deserve to be champs. Looking forward to more from Apollo Crews, terrific athlete he is. I thought Corbin vs Joe was actually good, bit of a daft finish, which I'm sure I've seen many times before. I'd be interested in seeing a rematch though.

I was actually marking out at several points during the Banks vs Bayley match, fucking superb stuff. I didn't really rate Bayley much before the match (mainly character wise) but she put on one hell of a performance against the best in the business.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the main event, really good stuff once again and Kevin Owens was back at his brutal best.

Steph's stuff is a bit cringey and reeks of "new writer trying to climb the ladder", but HHH's little monologue at the start was cool, and helped drive home how big a night it was for the brand.

Enjoyable overall. The divas stole the show - JamieStevenson summed up my feelings on Bayley, irritating gimmick but completely won me over with that match. Owens/Balor probably suffered for the "follow that up" factor and inevitable comparisons to past Takeover main events, but was still excellent. Everything else was solid enough, Nation/Apollo's debut being a highlight, expecting big things of him.

One of the things NXT needs to remedy fairly sharpish is their lack of single male heels.

Now that Owens will be gone they literally have Baron Corbin and Tyler Breeze (who isn't even much of a heel). All other non jobber singles are faces I believe.

I suspect we will see Balor turn heel actually, I'm sure he will be one behind Itami attack

Great show, not the best in terms of Takeover's though.

Womens match was brilliant. Could see how much it meant to Bayley too. Already rated her but she completely won me over after that. Interesting to see who she is paired with after this. Emma? Dana Brooke? Think they'll have Eva Marie challenge her sadly.

Ladder match disappointed. Suppose it had to do with Owens holding back before Summerslam & having it completely obvious that Balor would go over. Think Balor has the same problem as Bayley in terms of I don't know who's next for him? Itami isn't back for a while (& isn't a heel either). My thought was Barin Corbin but he & Joe are busy so we're left with Tyler Breeze?

Danger for NXT right now is the lack of depth with people moving up (Owens, Sasha Banks etc). Also really looking forward to the Glasgow show already.

Balor would be the heel when Itami came back I imagine. I'd also imagine Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin are done with each other, and Joe will move on and face Balor now.

Itami isn't back for a while though. Also I think Joe & Corbin will have a series of matches.