• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell, Takeover: New Orleans looks like it will be incredible. So far we'll have;

Andrade Cien Almas vs Alesteir Black for the NXT Title

EC3 vs Lars Sullivan vs Ricochet vs Killian Dain vs Adam Cole vs Velveteen Dream in a ladder match for the new North American Title

Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa in an Unsanctioned Match

AOP vs Roderick Strong and Peter Dunne for the vacant tag team titles

Ember Moon vs Shayna Baszler for the NXT Women's Title

Aside from AoP, is there really anyone who is nailed on to be called up?  They seem to have moved out of the cycle of having someone win the title, have a couple of defences, lose, then get called up.

I'd assume we'll get Gargano and/or Ciampa going up to 205 Live to try and resuscitate that, AoP up to bolster the tag division, maybe Almas up if he loses.  I'd say they could bring the entirety of Sanity up, but they seem to want to do something with Dain, particularly if one of Black/Almas leaves.  Suspect Black wins the title and then Dain transitions into number one contender.  

Now that I've said that, there's actually quite a few that could go up!

Guest bernardblack

I've only just seen Black's segment last week where he's making short jokes. Didn't suit him and seemed out of character.

Gargano vs Ciampa has the potential to be amazing. Gargano to the main roster post mania?

I'm very much enjoying 205 just now so would be happy to see him there, assuming that it's going to continue to be decent with HHH in control of it.

Would be a bit of a waste of a guy who COULD be a much bigger star though. That's my one big problem with that happening.

If they can start treating 205 Live as something a bit closer to the main roster, where people can go in and out based on where their story is going, then it'll be fine.  Currently though it seems like you're either on the main roster, or you're a Cruiserweight.  You should be able to star there and then move on and let others take the stage.

I don't think it necessarily has to be closer to the main roster in THAT sense. If it can build up enough momentum and get some interest and get a similar fanbase to NXT on the network then people should be able to move on just fine. It can do that and keep the status it has now.