Ballingry carpetbaggers

TLJ

Heard today it looks like they are offering fantastic amouts of cash to sign players.What happens if the money supply drys up or falls out with the guys who ran the club before W Gray started pumping the cash in.Gretna of the juniors coming up.HOB have always paid decent money but now looks like we may loss some players to this team you have to ask what the management team get out of buying a premier league title apart from a load of cash ?Cmon Scottie whats your view on this you always had plenty to say before.Or have you taken the gold coins also.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guaranteed to end in tears, look at Bathgate after Willie Hill left, Kilwinning, Bellshill etc all teams who relied on a single persons money. Clubs tend to end up in a worse state than they were previous to an investment when the invester gets fed up.

Short term success may happen but it's not worth it when the money runs out and you can't pay players, drop down leagues etc. IMO

1338323306[/url]' post='6285139']

Heard today it looks like they are offering fantastic amouts of cash to sign players.What happens if the money supply drys up or falls out with the guys who ran the club before W Gray started pumping the cash in.Gretna of the juniors coming up.HOB have always paid decent money but now looks like we may loss some players to this team you have to ask what the management team get out of buying a premier league title apart from a load of cash ?Cmon Scottie whats your view on this you always had plenty to say before.Or have you taken the gold coins also.

Cash isnae the answer,always ends in tears.

They can spend all the money they like - it matters what they do on the pitch and as of yet they aint won nothing.

Lets wait and see how they get on next season, it didnt exactly work out for Bruiser Baikie at Linlithgow.

hope the ballingry fans like to watch anti football matches.

I disagree with the anti football, for the seasons Baikie was there we were among the highest goalscorers in the league and ultimately he failed because he had a abundance of flair players but no-one to dig in in the middle of the park and a defence playing out of position

They can spend all the money they like - it matters what they do on the pitch and as of yet they aint won nothing.

Lets wait and see how they get on next season, it didnt exactly work out for Bruiser Baikie at Linlithgow.

Hmmm ...

say what you want about money isnt everthing, but can any you say you would turn down a big investor in your clubs? i for 1 following the royal albert would love to see someone doing it for the albert

Dont think you'll hear from Scottie for a couple of weeks. He's away his hols

1338389082[/url]' post='6287545']

say what you want about money isnt everthing, but can any you say you would turn down a big investor in your clubs? i for 1 following the royal albert would love to see someone doing it for the albert

Very true I think a lot of the negativity is just the fear factor I for one will be tipping Ballingry for big things in the forcoming seasons good luck to them ....

I disagree with the anti football, for the seasons Baikie was there we were among the highest goalscorers in the league and ultimately he failed because he had a abundance of flair players but no-one to dig in in the middle of the park and a defence playing out of position

he had an abundance of flair players right enough and then he emptied them,then that caused him to play to many that were left and brought in to play out of there natural positions.

he had an abundance of flair players right enough and then he emptied them,then that caused him to play to many that were left and brought in to play out of there natural positions.

Just been told the figures Linn is supposedly receiving. My God! There are some players at the lower-placed SPL sides who might be tempted!

I think youre being a bit harsh LR , some players that he signed were No bad Davie Hay , Rauri McLennan John Ward Jami Mckenzie Jordi Virgili ; Steven Manson Andy Shirra Adam Nelson Roddy McLennan ; Callum Smith Colin Strickland :

Just been told the figures Linn is supposedly receiving. My God! There are some players at the lower-placed SPL sides who might be tempted!

Unless you post the figure we will think you are talking out of your archie. 8)

Exactly - post the figures, don't play games. Not a Shay Given that players coming from senior to junior will be a success. More physical game and a lot of smaller not as good pitches. Plus Baikie has to mould them into a team capable of competing with the big boys...has he stil got it?

I think youre being a bit harsh LR , some players that he signed were No bad Davie Hay , Rauri McLennan John Ward Jami Mckenzie Jordi Virgili ; Steven Manson Andy Shirra Adam Nelson Roddy McLennan ; Callum Smith Colin Strickland :

a didn't say all.do you think he made the right signings for the available positions that were needing strengthened.? midfield and fullbacks especially.after the ones that left.

Archived