bob_mcshug

5. Capello

4. Scolari

3. Mourinho

2. Le Guen

1. Hiddink

Discuss

483650[/snapback]

Totally agree with this top five. Hiddink is a brilliant manager. As someone rightly said taking Korea to the WC semi finals and a massively underrated PSV side to the semi finals. My tip to sneak the CL.

i think that south korea getting to the semi finals of the world cup in 2002 was a farce- they cheated past italy and only progressed from the group because portugal failed to turn up. they were the host team, hosts always do well!

Guest Pompey

Fergie has been the best manager in the PL but thats it, European silverware has been elusive to him and he hasnt managed a nation, this is why he isnt in.

484935[/snapback]

The European Champions' ( :lol:<_< ) League and managing Scotland aside? :rolleyes:

Guest Geordie_Elvis
The European Champions' ( :lol:<_< ) League and managing Scotland aside? :rolleyes:

485528[/snapback]

1 Champions league out of how many attempts??? <_<

Caretaker manager for how many games??? <_<

1 Champions league out of how many attempts??? <_<

Caretaker manager for how many games??? <_<

489263[/snapback]

He also won a trophy at Aberdeen.

• 2 weeks later...
i think he may be the best of all time- he has successfully rebuilt his team 3 times! how many other managers can put together successful squads that often?

484050[/snapback]

Yes, 3rd in the prem in three out of the last 4 seasons.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gerrit right up the old jaky english b*****d!

brian clough would p**s all over the lot of them.

took an unfashionable club with no money(derby county)to a league title & the brink of european success, then took an even less fashionable club(nottingham forest)got promoted in his 1st season, the following season won div 1, then won, back to back league cups & back to back european cups(when it was a lot harder to win) & was cheated out of a uefa cup final place by a referee that had been bribed

a lot of the players he took to derby & forest where people who had under achieved or near the end of their careers, he then gave the confidence to p**s all over the best teams in europe. take the money away from the 5 in the list & lets see how good they really are.

fergie, wenger & the rest of you. get your hands on 2 of these in a row, then come back & tell me how good you are

post-1659-1116312368.jpg

Archived