Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

One of my favorite things to do is to listen to Oasis on a lovely, hot summers day. With all the lovely weather in Scotland this summer, what are your 10 favorite songs to listen to at this particular time of the year?

1. Up In The Sky

2. She's Electric

3. Fade In-Out

4. Sad Song

5. Who Feels Love?

6. Go Let It Out

7. The Hindu Times

8. The Importance of Being Idle

9. To Be Where There's Life

10. Shock of the Lightening.

One of my favorite things to do is to listen to Oasis on a lovely, hot summers day. With all the lovely weather in Scotland this summer, what are your 10 favorite songs to listen to at this particular time of the year?

1. Up In The Sky

2. She's Electric

3. Fade In-Out

4. Sad Song

5. Who Feels Love?

6. Go Let It Out

7. The Hindu Times

8. The Importance of Being Idle

9. To Be Where There's Life

10. Shock of the Lightening.

No order but...

Stay Young

Live Forever

Slide Away

Champagne Supernova

Stand By Me

Who Feels Love

Songbird

Lyla

Turn Up The Sun

Love like A Bomb

Keep The Dream Alive

My top 10 Oasis tunes would be:

Acquiesce - Belter, although I prefer live versions to the studio version every time

Cast No Shadow - Maine Road '96 2nd night, thank me later.

Fade Away - Narrowly edges ahead of Listen Up and Rocking Chair to become 3rd B side on the list.

Gas Panic! - Top tune, great lyrics, the start of the song is incredible.

Let's All Make Believe - One of Liam's best vocals and arguably Noel's best lyrics, the 2nd verse is jaw droppingly good.

Live Forever - About as close to flawless as a piece of music gets, lyrics are simple and brilliant. MTV acoustic 94 is the best version.

Morning Glory - At a party, docking station full blast.

Rock'n'Roll Star - Oasis summed up in one song. Mad fer it!

Slide Away - Impossible to dislike, a great vocal by Liam and overall sensational.

Some Might Say - All about staying positive, an inspiring, uplifting song.

Honourable mentions to Champagne Supernova, Whatever, Lyla, The Importance of Being Idle and Let There Be Love.

My top 10 Oasis tunes would be:

Acquiesce - Belter, although I prefer live versions to the studio version every time

Cast No Shadow - Maine Road '96 2nd night, thank me later.

Fade Away - Narrowly edges ahead of Listen Up and Rocking Chair to become 3rd B side on the list.

Gas Panic! - Top tune, great lyrics, the start of the song is incredible.

Let's All Make Believe - One of Liam's best vocals and arguably Noel's best lyrics, the 2nd verse is jaw droppingly good.

Live Forever - About as close to flawless as a piece of music gets, lyrics are simple and brilliant. MTV acoustic 94 is the best version.

Morning Glory - At a party, docking station full blast.

Rock'n'Roll Star - Oasis summed up in one song. Mad fer it!

Slide Away - Impossible to dislike, a great vocal by Liam and overall sensational.

Some Might Say - All about staying positive, an inspiring, uplifting song.

Honourable mentions to Champagne Supernova, Whatever, Lyla, The Importance of Being Idle and Let There Be Love.

Love Let's All make Believe. Such an underrated tune.

Love Let's All make Believe. Such an underrated tune.

Still can't believe it was released as a B side! Standing on the Shoulders of Giants would have been improved massively if it had been picked instead of Little James.

A lot of Oasis tunes were quite simply brilliant, then you hear them acoustic and you think......f**king hell It's even better.

Examples being stand by me, morning glory and the awesome slide away.

Oasis, the band that just won't quit.

Seeing Liam at the weekend was epic.

His voice has (as much as he denies it) gone but the guys still a total legend.

Rock on Liam.

I wouldn't say his voice has gone, it's not what it used to be but he still sounds decent enough most of the time. He was poor at T though.

Haven't scrolled through the entire thread so apologies if its been mentioned. Talk Tonight has always been one of my favourite songs, the live acoustic performances are always superb.

No apologies required, sir. I love the Talk Tonight performance from "Live By The Sea".

Was speaking with a guy the other day and he was saying how much of a dick Liam is and stuff. He raised the point that every time it was Noels turn to sing Liam walks off. He said that this was arsehole behaviour because he's a member of the band and shouldn't be disappearing like that. Fair point perhaps but I argued that Liam had nothing to do when Noel sang whereas Noel was required, obviously, when Liam sang. So what else was he gonna do - shake his tambourine and dance like fuckin Bez? Would make sense for him to go off and get a breather and a glass of water* before he was due on again. What do you guys think?

*cheeky wee line

No apologies required, sir. I love the Talk Tonight performance from "Live By The Sea".

Was speaking with a guy the other day and he was saying how much of a dick Liam is and stuff. He raised the point that every time it was Noels turn to sing Liam walks off. He said that this was arsehole behaviour because he's a member of the band and shouldn't be disappearing like that. Fair point perhaps but I argued that Liam had nothing to do when Noel sang whereas Noel was required, obviously, when Liam sang. So what else was he gonna do - shake his tambourine and dance like fuckin Bez? Would make sense for him to go off and get a breather and a glass of water* before he was due on again. What do you guys think?

*cheeky wee line

Yeah fully agree with that. As you say it was a chance for a breather, tamborine not required. For what its worth i always rated Noel as a superior singer. Liam has everything required to be a great frontman and he is, but for singing alone id go for Noel.

I've got this on a bootleg CD. It's Noely G doing a bit of crooning to Burt Bacharach's ' This Guy's In Love With You'

Is that the 'UnLiamed' CD? The MTV unplugged one?

I'm seeing Beady Eye for the 3rd time in November. Barras. Saw their very first show back there in 2011. Was unreal. Saw them do an acoustic set at HMV Buchan Street in June, met the band too. That was was unreal. I've loved Oasis for about 10 years and LG is one of my heroes, so to meet him was unreal.

I've seen NGHFB twice. Both unreal.

Oasis, Murrayfield 17th June 2009 too. ;)