The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-49544-14019311440089_thumb.jpg

Seefurth Family Pizza Beer. Apparently they do actually make a margarita pizza and throw it into the mash. Smells like oregano, first taste is oregano, and then cheese and tomato flavour Puffs crisps on the aftertaste. Brain genuinely confused by this; it's absolutely fuckin barkin, but I kind of want another one. Neck says 'beer so good it deserves to be in a wine glass' so drank it from one. Odd.

Has anyone heard of Grunting Growler before? They appear to be a business (without a permanent premises right enough) in Glasgow where you can go in, try a few samples of their ales, and then pour your favourite into a 'Growler' jug, which you take home and drink.

I think it's an excellent idea. It's environmentally friendly, sustainable and it's beer! Can't wait to have a try!

Has anyone heard of Grunting Growler before? They appear to be a business (without a permanent premises right enough) in Glasgow where you can go in, try a few samples of their ales, and then pour your favourite into a 'Growler' jug, which you take home and drink.

I think it's an excellent idea. It's environmentally friendly, sustainable and it's beer! Can't wait to have a try!

There's a place like that in morningside (yah) that does that. The wife surprised me buy getting me a litre growler filled with Cromarty "ghost town". It was a fiver for the bottle, and something like 7 quid for the litre. They price it on the basis of the strength of the ale. Stewart brewing do the same kind of thing, they kindly let me use the growler that I bought at the other place. It's Been a good idea.

No idea where you will find this lager but at a recent beer festival 'inky pinky' was a firm favourite. Easy to drink and didn't leave you feeling bloated at the end if the night.

I had that in a boozer once and agree, it is lovely stuff. Never seen again though.

Illustrates the main disadvantage of ale drinking though. Casks in places are often rotated so if you find something you like, you may never see it again.

I had that in a boozer once and agree, it is lovely stuff. Never seen again though.

Illustrates the main disadvantage of ale drinking though. Casks in places are often rotated so if you find something you like, you may never see it again.

I've been waiting to see somewhere selling "The Cat's Whiskers" on draught for about 7 years now. It's from down in the Cotswolds I think. Lovely refreshing bitter.

Ooooh it's environmentally friendly! Knit me some yogurt while you're sitting around on your man vagina, eh? :lol:

It's beer though, so....yeah, ok.

Anyone ever tried the keg of beer they sell in lidil? I have always wondered what it was like?

Picked up a wee blonde from the St. Andrews brewing co

I feel terrible for finding innis and Gunn only now, not often in aldi,

Toasts oak ipa, a lovely dark beer I thoroughly enjoyed full of body and malty, and also tried a rum flavoured beer from them both great and looking for the aldi opening near me in the next couple of months to try more from this brewer

I feel terrible for finding innis and Gunn only now, not often in aldi,

Toasts oak ipa, a lovely dark beer I thoroughly enjoyed full of body and malty, and also tried a rum flavoured beer from them both great and looking for the aldi opening near me in the next couple of months to try more from this brewer

If you like the original, ebbe, you can get big bottles - 750ml, I think - in Tesco, usually about £2.50 ;)

I've started going out of my way to visit pubs which sell Heverlee lager. It's possibly the best lager I've ever tasted... Heavenly even. ;)

Supposedly it's an age old beer which previously went out of production but is currently being tested in (the obviously piss-head nations of) Scotland & Ireland before they go all out in expenditure to go for it again big time. Feel honoured.

Eta: You can find your nearest provider here: http://www.heverlee.com/find-a-pint/country/scotland/

Last few days beers:

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA - really really good. Some US IPAs have so much hops they just taste like a Magic Tree, but this has proper malt going on in it too.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute - 9% big brother to the 60 Minute. No raw alcohol taste, very complex, possibly too much going on for my retarded palate. Nice, but prefer the 60.

Lagunitas little sumpin sumpin ale - American wheat ale - drank the first bottle way too cold and just tasted like a run of the mill IPA. Letting it warm up a bit improves it immensely. Don't normally go for wheat beers die to hoeegarden having put me off them at a young age but this is good.

Red Stripe - American version worse than the UK version. Weird winey, cidery taste. Pish. Free, but.

Breckinridge Vanilla Porter - very much like If you'd eaten Frosties with Sam smiths nut brown instead of milk and then drunk the Sam smiths after the Frosties had been eaten. This is a good thing.

Archived