Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Hate's a strong word.

Who or what do you mean by 'us', incidentally?

'Hate'...it's just what I see here.

'Us'...Rangers fans.

I'll tell you a story Dave,

Rangers vs Hibs earlier this season, Ibrox....Rangers won 1-0....Tav freekick.

I went by train with 4 of my friends. At Queen Street we met a solitary Hibs fan looking lost, he'd lost his mate and didn't know where to go.  He seemed terrified but we chatted away, directed him to the subway, and saw him on his way to Ibrox. Didn't wish him well but left with smiles. We saw him again after the game, had a chat, he wouldn't go to the Louden for a pint...we offered.

He was like...why are you being nice...you hate me...we're like don't be daft.

He went on his way.

We were all like is that what you lot think ffs?

Edited by Solitaire

'Hate'...it's just what see here.

'Us;...Rangers fans.

Rangers vs Hibs earlier this season....Rangers won 1-0....Tav freekick.

I went by train with 4 of my friends. At Queen Street we met a solitary Hibs fan looking lost, he'd lost his mate and didn't know where to go.  He seemed terrified but we chatted away, directed him to the subway, and saw him on his way to Ibrox. Didn't wish him well but left with smiles. We saw him again after the game, had a chat, he wouldnt go to the Louden for a pint...we offered.

He was like...you hate me...we're like don't be daft.

He went on his way.

Ok, I don't hate rangers fans. To hate someone because of the football team they support is, to me, a ridiculous stance.

I've known many rangers fans over the years. Some very nice folk, some have been nasty bigots. I've never hated any of them. Whilst we're sharing stories... I went to see Lloyd Cole at the Oran Mor with a Rangers supporting lad I worked with. Cracking lad, used to have some great football discussions in work. But one of the most bigoted folk you will meet. Don't hate him though.

'Hate'...it's just what I see here.

'Us'...Rangers fans.

Rangers vs Hibs earlier this season, Ibrox....Rangers won 1-0....Tav freekick.

I went by train with 4 of my friends. At Queen Street we met a solitary Hibs fan looking lost, he'd lost his mate and didn't know where to go.  He seemed terrified but we chatted away, directed him to the subway, and saw him on his way to Ibrox. Didn't wish him well but left with smiles. We saw him again after the game, had a chat, he wouldn't go to the Louden for a pint...we offered.

He was like...why are you being nice...you hate me...we're like don't be daft.

He went on his way.

image.jpg

Ok, I don't hate rangers fans. To hate someone because of the football team they support is, to me, a ridiculous stance.

I've known many rangers fans over the years. Some very nice folk, some have been nasty bigots. I've never hated any of them. Whilst we're sharing stories... I went to see Lloyd Cole at the Oran Mor with a Rangers supporting lad I worked with. Cracking lad, used to have some great football discussions in work. But one of the most bigoted folk you will meet. Don't hate him though.

I've met Rangers fans who are Bigots...I've met Celtic fans who are bigots....I've met other Scottish football fans that are bigots.

I've met fans that are a lot worse than either outside Scotland.

You want to know the postscript to my story?

I wondered what happened to that Hibs fan we looked after....so terrified of us for no reason but came to realise, we were ok.

I had a look at what Hibs fans said after the game...we were sectarian scum, subhuman, Scotland's shame etc....etc....etc.....

I saw no trouble....but you know....I wish....I really wish...that guy had said a group of Gers fans looked after him and saw him to and from the game.

It's never said.....instead all we get is scum etc.

Careful now Neds got an extended creditors list and he's not afraid to post it.

Ned's symptomatic of the hate.

Bad about rangers = true

Good about Rangers = untrue

I wonder who he's supporting when we play Hibs?

I've met Rangers fans who are Bigots...I've met Celtic fans who are bigots....I've met other Scottish football fans that are bigots.

I've met fans that are a lot worse than either outside Scotland.

You want to know the postscript to my story?

I wondered what happened to that Hibs fan we looked after....so terrified of us for no reason but came to realise, we were ok.

I had a look at what Hibs fans said after the game...we were sectarian scum, subhuman, Scotland's shame etc....etc....etc.....

I saw no trouble....but you know....I wish....I really wish...that guy had said a group of Gers fans looked after him and saw him to and from the game.

It's never said.....instead all we get is scum etc.

I always associate the term bigotry with religious hatred. It seems though that in the last couple of years there's been an increased use of the term to describe any sort of "hatred".

With that in mind, I don't know if I've been overly aware of Celtic fans hating Protestants. Do they? I just always thought they hated anyone who waves a Union Jack. I find Celtic fans weird though. I'm not generalising. Every one of them has a want about them. You know that way where they need to have a green car, green wallpaper? Walking out of the game the other week me and my mates were looking at them, thinking, what a bunch of oddities.

Back to your point...

The problem is though, until your fan base is eradicated of the scum who frequent it of which there are many, for a few hours every Saturday, you'll always be guilty by association I'm afraid.

Edited by dave.j

Link

I await your apology.

I was referring to opinions rather than facts.

As Abraham Lincoln said "Why would I praise a fact. It is worthless. It is a fact. My view on that fact will not alter it for good nor bad".

I always associate the term bigotry with religious hatred. It seems though that in the last couple of years there's been an increased use of the term to describe any sort of "hatred".

With that in mind, I don't know if I've been overly aware of Celtic fans hating Protestants. Do they? I just always thought they hated anyone who waves a Union Jack. I find Celtic fans weird though. I'm not generalising. Every one of them has a want about them. You know that way where they need to have a green car, green wallpaper? Walking out of the game the other week me and my mates were looking at them, thing, what a bunch of oddities.

Back to your point...

The problem is though, until your fan base is eradicated of the scum who frequent it of which there are many, for a few hours every Saturday, you'll always be guilty by association I'm afraid.

I have no opinion on Celtic fans seperate from other fans.

I was called an "Orange Whore" once. Was I offended? No. It was football tribalism.

Did I feel threatened? No, it was words.

That was one guy in half a dozen visits to Celtic. I've had twice as much stick at Hearts lol.

You say guilty by association....I guess that's true in your and many eyes.

For supporting a football team?

Really? In 2016?

Is the problem mine or yours Dave?

That thread turned out well.

Quite, I also started one when you won League 1 BTW.

I was referring to opinions rather than facts.

As Abraham Lincoln said "Why would I praise a fact. It is worthless. It is a fact. My view on that fact will not alter it for good nor bad".

Did he aye ?

I have no opinion on Celtic fans seperate from other fans.

I was called an "Orange Whore" once. Was I offended? No. It was football tribalism.

Did I feel threatened? No, it was words.

That was one guy in half a dozen visits to Celtic. I've had twice as much stick at Hearts lol.

You say guilty by association....I guess that's true in your and many eyes.

For supporting a football team?

Really? In 2016?

Is the problem mine or yours Dave?

As you say, you're guessing. And you'd have guessed wrong. Therefore, it would seem neither of us have a problem.

I'm curious.

In what way?

Bitterness. Absolutely no Gers fan or Diddy would use social media in such a bitter way as The Plastics have. We're all too sane.  They, though, have no shame.

P&B is a bit of an exception and it is quite funny to see so many diddies dancing to Celtic's tune.

Aye.

Cool, I'm not up to speed on Lincoln, any chance of a link?

You never answered btw....who are you supporting when we play Hibs next?

Whilst you didn't actually ask me I still rendered the 'question' null−and−void by proving you wrong on the 'hater' thing.

If it's really terribly important to you that give you an answer to an absolutely no−brainer question then I will indeed be wanting the away team to win that night. It's hardly fucking rocket surgery.

And all because I mocked your fanciful story of the Hibs fan.

Cool, I'm not up to speed on Lincoln, any chance of a link?

Whilst you didn't actually ask me I still rendered the 'question' null−and−void by proving you wrong on the 'hater' thing.

If it's really terribly important to you that give you an answer to an absolutely no−brainer question then I will indeed be wanting the away team to win that night. It's hardly fucking rocket surgery.

And all because I mocked your fanciful story of the Hibs fan.

The fact you find it 'fanciful' says more about you than me.

A no-brainer question? That I asked if you'd prefer the club you hate most to beat a club to benefit the one you apparently love most???

How is that a no-brainer?

You talk more in hating Rangers than loving Falkirk?

In fact, going by your posts, a non-Scots football fan would think you'd support Hibs.

I was merely checking your hate level.