Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

From the thread on RM:

I never thought I'd live to see it but I fear we are slowly becoming just another football team in some small footballing nation that used to be remembered as a big club

The light is slowly starting to dawn on at least one Visigoth...

There surely must come a time when we as the fans of Glasgow Rangers take the bull by the horns and make enough noise that the decision makers at Ibrox cannot ignore it.

Not this one though. Stamping their feet and screaming their heads off like spoiled weans, waiting for a new sugar daddy to arrive, is definitely going to solve their problems.

Their real problem, as we've seen from the club's genesis in 2012, is the fans demanding success come from other people's investment, time and effort. They don't want to commit or involve themselves beyond howling at the moon for a deep-pocketed saviour to come in and throw away his money for no reason.

Edited by nsr

8 hours ago, nsr said:

Not this one though. Stamping their feet and screaming their heads off like spoiled weans, waiting for a new sugar daddy to arrive, is definitely going to solve their problems.

Their real problem, as we've seen from the club's genesis in 2012, is the fans demanding success come from other people's investment, time and effort. They don't want to commit or involve themselves beyond howling at the moon for a deep-pocketed saviour to come in and throw away his money for no reason.

It's also the misuse of the word "investment" that tickles me.

They don't want investment.  They merely want huge gifts.

At a recent team meeting at work, we were doing a sort of break-the-ice session where each person had to list a few things about their favourite hobbies etc. One guy stood up and said "I really enjoy looking at ancient history, and I support Glasgow Rangers". I immediately quipped back at him "Aren't those the same thing?"

How the whole room laughed. I'm leaving next month, hopefully that moment will be my legacy.