Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

4 hours ago, The DA said:

Your first, I believe.

You do have to wonder what script the media and SFA would take with regards to this.

If Sevco go into administration do they say this is the 1st time or 2nd and get the relevant punishment?

All the Tea in China says all the media stick together and sing from the same hymn sheet (produced by Traynor) too

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

You do have to wonder what script the media and SFA would take with regards to this.

If Sevco go into administration do they say this is the 1st time or 2nd and get the relevant punishment?

All the Tea in China says all the media stick together and sing from the same hymn sheet (produced by Traynor) too

That's not a decision anyone will have to make, Gaz.  The increased penalty for a second admin event only applies if it happens within 5 years of the first.  So, they were 'safe' as of last year.

In any case, it'll be the holding vehicle that goes bust, not the ethereal club.  The club will sail blithely on forever, racking up trophies won via the debts shed by a succession of parent companies.  And they'll probably win those trophies playing out of an SFA-owned Hampden for which The The The... Rangers will pay a peppercorn rent.

Of course, the argument will be that we could all do the same if we had hard enough necks.

</tinfoilhat>

Might edit this after the hangover goes.

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

There's a time limit on the multiple-admin-event punishment, and it's 5 years, so the question is no longer applicable to Neo-Rangers.

Had such a thing happened during the five year period, it would have been treated as a second event and punished accordingly.

There wouldn't really have been a debate because as we know, our cowardly authorities treated continuation as seamless and unequivocal.

Rangers fans would have claimed that those of us who question such an outlook would be conflicted.  We wouldn't have been though, as those making such decisions would not be us.  

As pointed out though, the question is no longer relevant.

6 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Are Rangers 2012 FC compliant with UEFA financial fair play regulations in the event of them qualifying for 2018 /19 tournaments?

(not really 'laughing at Rangers' as per the thread title*)

*except it is a bit.

Legitimate question though, minus the laughing

Ken Fitlike dribbling all over the forum again. 

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Had such a thing happened during the five year period, it would have been treated as a second event and punished accordingly.

There wouldn't really have been a debate because as we know, our cowardly authorities treated continuation as seamless and unequivocal.

Rangers fans would have claimed that those of us who question such an outlook would be conflicted.  We wouldn't have been though, as those making such decisions would not be us.  

Not only "our cowardly authorities" but UEFA and many non-football legal bodies as well.

You know that though but have an aversion to speaking the truth.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Finally off the fence then....

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Finally off the fence then....

Nah, Bennett, you'd still characterise me as very much on it.

I've been entirely consistent throughout in seeing continuity as a messy, guddly affair.  Rangers is kinda the same as before, yet also kinda new.   Obviously, you struggle to accommodate any sort of nuanced reading, so call it fence sitting, as is your right.

I've not changed my view on this at all.  I certainly question the notion of seamless, unequivocal continuity, which is all I said in the post that somehow got you animated.

46 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Not only "our cowardly authorities" but UEFA and many non-football legal bodies as well.

You know that though but have an aversion to speaking the truth.

The other football authorities took their lead from ours.

I'm honestly not too fussed.  You can definitely cling to your history if you need to and it pleases you.  It's quite the most disgusting one in Scottish sport, but you hold on if it matters.

Questions of continuity have always interested me much less than those surrounding the notion of title stripping.  That's where dreadful injustice still resides.

The answer is yes obviously - you know that though.
How old are you?

Is that Yes you will get back with an answer, or Yes Rangers 2012FC are fully compliant with UEFA ffp criteria?

I am old enough ‘to know better’ but happy to be able to say ‘nah, f**k it.....’

....and you are an alias of which previous incarnation?