Patrick Kluivert

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Guest Geordie_Elvis

From skysports.com...............

Newcastle have confirmed that Patrick Kluivert has been released from the club.

The Dutch striker has never really had the expected impact since arriving at St James's Park and has been allowed to seek pastures new.

The former Barcelona man is expected to make a return to the Spanish league, where he forged his reputation.

Five goals in five Uefa Cup games illustrated that Kluivert still has talent, but his return of six league goals has convinced manager Graeme Souness to look elsewhere for striker options.

Kluivert himself had already revealed that he would leave the club, but Newcastle have now confirmed that he will not be with The Magpies next season

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kluivert's a strange one... didn't do particularly well but didn't get a huge chance. His wages might have been a lot but he was a free transfer so that kindof offsets that...

He's also not that old, he was born the exact same day as Ruud Van Nistelrooy... he's just been around for feckin' ages.

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Yeah he was reportedly on £65k a week but his talent was there for all to see, he just didnt look interested this season, when injured he didnt make much attempt to get fit again and thats one thing the Geordie faithful despise.

Great shame tho as I feel he could of been a legend down here, reports are that Robbie Keane will be on Tyneside within 10 days to seal his move as a quick replacement.

I heard today that Michael Owen will sign for Newcastle in the summer. :o

Surely not.

As a sidenote, Kluivert's time at Newcastle was interesting. He went from being a fit, lethal striker, to a fat, uninterested bawbag.

So, in otherwords, he changed over the year from a typical Premiership player into a typical Newcastle fan :lol::lol:

Guest Geordie_Elvis
I heard today that Michael Owen will sign for Newcastle in the summer.  :o

Surely not.

As a sidenote, Kluivert's time at Newcastle was interesting. He went from being a fit, lethal striker, to a fat, uninterested bawbag.

So, in otherwords, he changed over the year from a typical Premiership player into a typical Newcastle fan  :lol:  :lol:

513018[/snapback]

If he was that fit and lethal Barca wouldnt have released him on a free. The reality is that he was pish for the last 2 seasons in Spain and the majority of his goals were coming off the bench when the team was leading 3 or 4 nil.

I was over the moon when we signed him as I thought that if he could get back to half of his full talents he would have been an excellent signing.

The reality is that he was pish for the last 2 seasons in Spain and the majority of his goals were coming off the bench when the team was leading 3 or 4 nil.

513041[/snapback]

That's true. I think someone calculated that in one of his last season's at barca he scored 20 odd goals but these goals only earned Barca about five points :blink:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he was linked with Celtic. I bet he goes to Dubai or Qatar though.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
That's true.  I think someone calculated that in one of his last season's at barca he scored 20 odd goals but these goals only earned Barca about five points  :blink:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if he was linked with Celtic.  I bet he goes to Dubai or Qatar though.

513837[/snapback]

Yeah he will probably go somewhere for the money (also see Rivaldo, Guardiola, Batistuta etc etc)

Guest RaNgErs 4eVr

From wat i've heard in another forum that Mr. Kluivert is coming to Rangers lol. Some Rangers fans are crazy eh! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Archived