We Can Beat Holland!

Bryan

Can we beat Holland?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest andrew133

no chance we will get humiliated or at least go to penilteys and then we lose its sad but thats probubly how it will go i dont like it but its the facts

Of course we CAN win. That much is self evident. In any two horse race either team can win. Anything might happen. Our keeper has a stellar day and remains unbeatable, everything we hit flies in, they get someone sent off early in both games, etc.

That's quite different from thinking we will win.

I believe we can win but am realistic enough to know we have only about a 1 in 10 shot at going through.

A bad draw but just about anybody was going to be tough. Looking at the results against Germany though we may have a wee chance. Holland may have better players but what have they done since 98 - sod all - Germany were in the last World Cup final. If we can win or get a 0-0 at Hampden then a result is possible, just so long as we don't have to go chasing it over there. Then again we may just get humped like Ireland did at Anfield a few years ago but at least you'll get to see some classy football from the Dutch.

Did Holland not lose a playoff to Ireland for the last World Cup? Do they not have Dick Advocaat as manager? Of course we can win. Gloorious failure is, however, more likely.

Did Holland not lose a playoff to Ireland for the last World Cup?

Erm, no they didn't.

They failed to qualify for even the play offs finishing 3rd behind Ireland and Portugal in the Group. Ireland went on to defeat Iraq in the play off.

Worth remembering though that Ireland drew 2-2 in Amsterdam and won 1-0 in Dublin in the head to heads.

Guest buddie brilliant

YES WE CAN!!!

at the end of the day itz 2 one-off games n nethin can happen! if we get a goal or 2 at Hampden i reckon we can get a draw n mibee evn sneak a goal over there!

put it this way - we have 2 believe we can win - if we go in thinkin we're gona get beat then wotz the point in even turnin up???????

Erm, no they didn't.

They failed to qualify for even the play offs finishing 3rd behind Ireland and Portugal in the Group. Ireland went on to defeat Iraq in the play off.

Worth remembering though that Ireland drew 2-2 in Amsterdam and won 1-0 in Dublin in the head to heads.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't think that through, I just remembered McAteer scoring in a 1-0 win to put the Dutch out. B)

• 5 years later...

I would love it, love it if we could but I just don't see it happening. Plus memories of that 0-6 hounding are still fresh in the memory despite a lot of Grolsch being drunk that night.

I think we can and will win, what do you think? biggrin.gif

:lol: I think in all honesty i would love to say we will beat the dutch but who am i kidding. With George Burley at the healm i fear the worst and i think we could get gubbed by at least 5 goals folks. We need to face facts, Burley!!!!! what did the job offers too folks like, Dalgleish, Souness, Smith all get lost in the post infact the way we are going i have had a better managerial career that George Burley on Football manager 2009. We wont beat Holland and Burley must go and get someone with PASSION, DRIVE and LOVE for Scotland who has more about him than we have at the minute. Infact Terry Butcher would be better at this moment and i must punch myself for mentioning an Englishman but times are tough.

Scotland The brave.

Erm, no they didn't.

That was the 2002 World Cup. Ireland didn't qualify for the last one

That was the 2002 World Cup. Ireland didn't qualify for the last one

:lol: few folk not seeing the date thing going on!

as for the likes of souness and dalgliesh etc getting lost in the post for manager, er, they were never in the post, which is why burley should be given full support, anything other than that hinders the team further, is that what the supporters want?!!

3 weeks today til i leave, cant wait...

There is a chance, but not hopeful. Come the day I will be more positive and believe we can grind out a 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0. If I was not so bias and used my brain, 3-0 Holland would be my bet.

As my sig says, we expect to fail, but then stupidly get our hopes up and then get bitter because we fail.

I'm not a big fan of Burley, since he got the job his man management & general attitude to anyone who disagrees with him does'nt fill me with confidence about the long term while he is in charge.

But having said that, he is the current manager so we have to give him & the team (whoever he picks) 100% backing it's the only way to support your team.

Obviously the Dutch are ahead of us on an individual man on man skill basis, but so were the French :D

I just hope he does'nt go with 5 at the back & 1 up front because i don't think we have the strength to hold them back for the full 90 & pumping long high balls to possibly Kenny Miller is not going to work IMO.

Anyway here's hoping. :D

Archived