The "title" track of the EP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvjSZ3L2IN8

The 5 tracks on the EP are:

1. B3
  2. (Minxus cover) (
    ) *

3. The Extra
  4. Time is Money

* could only find a live version on YT, but I've included a link to the original Minux track.

Good if you like Placebo, like me, but will sound the same as all the rest of the stuff if you don't. In terms of giving an insight into what the new album will sound like, and if B3 is representative, then don't expect it to be a great evolution on the traditional Placebo sound. Maybe just a little tighter production, as seen with Meds and Battle for the Sun.

I think it's too late for Placebo to evolve now.

We should all remember the shame and disappointment that took Queen from The Game album to Hot Space, demonstrating any band can suddenly veer off in a dreadful direction.. ;)

But with Placebo I think you are right. Even the most ardent fans would admit the band still sound very similar to their first releases like "Bruise Pristine" or "36 Degrees" although their lyric/songwriting and production has improved over the years. Definitely a gradual thing, not evolution.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The album is a bit darker than "Battle for the Sun" for the most part. "Hold On to Me" and "A Million Little Pieces" are new favourites, with the title track continuing to impress me. Not sure it's anywhere near their last album for quality, but it's a decent effort.

• 2 years later...

Archived