MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Looks like Belfast are getting Mousasi vs Hall 2 as the new main event as Nelson/Kim is off. Seeing a few complaining about this one. It's pretty much as simple as, they needed a new main event on short notice and Gegard will obviously want to avenge that loss. Definitely a better fight to watch anyway imo.

Faber confirms his fight against Brad Pickett is his retirement fight. 

Hoping Pickett follows his lead to be honest. I used to despise Faber and his whole "Cali brah" schtick does still grind on me, but he's had a great career and I respect him for that.

Anyone see the Combate Americas card from the weekend? They've installed Alberto del Rio of WWE-fame as a kayfabe president (his old buddy Ricardo Rodrigues is also the ring announcer), then stuck him on commentary for the main event to expose him as not having a clue. Pretty weird. Commentary was poor overall, Julianna Pena screaming and whooping every two minutes, considered muting it at times and just watching in silence.

13 minutes ago, Christophe said:

They've installed Alberto del Rio of WWE-fame as a kayfabe president (his old buddy Ricardo Rodrigues is also the ring announcer),

:lol:

ETA: Shouldn't be laughing at Ricardo Rodriguez at that actually. I could imagine him being naw bad.

Edited by Randy Giles

That's an interesting fight for me. Pearson isn't great with southpaws and is definitely getting on, but he's still a big name and a tough test for Ray. Tough to call. That Belfast card bas basically got better due to call offs.

Bit of a misleading headline, MMA under the Unified Rules has never been legal in France. Cheick Kongo for example has never been able to fight in his home country. They've held a number of events you can count on one hand with various bonkers rules to outlaw different aspects of MMA (no elbows, no cage)...but seems with this new ruling the can't be arsed with that anymore and are just canning it.

Holloway should be too good for Pettis at this stage, Holloway looks better every fight whereas I can't remember the last time Pettis looked good.

Not really liking this GSP Bisping talk. Absolutely pointless fight with the next few MW challengers fighting very soon. Bisping shouldn't be fighting for a bit anyway after that Hendo war. GSP against any top WW please.

Holloway on points for me. As much as Aldo is having a rough old time, Holloway more than anyone has probably been fucked over regarding a shot at the belt. Stat I saw today was that in past so many years no fighter except Holloway and Tony Ferguson have won 8 fights in a row and not got a title shot.