MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I've got it 2 rounds each going into the 5th as BT fucking sport cut out just after the 4th round.

Raging.

Did you record it? Friend of mines recording cut out in the fifth. Wonder if that's due to every fight going to decision.

Yeah, just before the 5th round. I could see at the start of the fight there was only 25ish mins left on the recording so was hoping for a Ko but just knew what was going to happen....

Recorded again last night so at least I'll get to see it later. Pretty shit that fightpass doesn't have it available either.

My recording cut out during the 5th as well. Had it 3-1 Cruz at the time. But could see why others would have it the other way. Was a very close fight, Cruz's ability to avoid getting hit is better than any other fighter at any weight class.

I'm always baffled as to how Rothwell keeps winning when he is such a poor fighter.

Which is what makes him so absolutely endearing. Big thick friendly fucker who inexplicably finishes off fighters typically more talented than him. The idea of him fighting for the title is hysterical.

Tough career being Bader (and those around him) in a division with Jones, Cormier, Gus and Rumble. Country mile.

Excellent learning fight for Northcutt, made to look foolish against a guy I've never heard of. Rothwell as noted is a mystery. The division desperately needs a second coming of upcomers with the promise that Cain, JDS & Carwin had ~5 years ago.

Powerhouses like Aldo, Hendricks and Weidman all getting beat up since the new testing and IV ban. Thompson did the right thing in keeping Hendricks at range, but holy f**k did he look flat-footed with none of his trademark explosiveness.

Hmm.