MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

What does that have to do with BJ Penn speaking out in support of the new ban that came into place? He was obviously aware of it. Hence his support for it.

He was aware of the IV ban post weigh-in. He wasn't aware that there is a complete IV ban whether you're not training/training/scheduled/weighing-in for a fight or not.

I wasn't aware of that either, were you? Certainly haven't seen it talked about anywhere, every mention has been in the context of recovering from a weight cut the 24 hours leading up to the fight.

See the thing about Fedor that excites me is that the heavyweight division in the UFC are all a good age also.

C. Miocic - 33

1. Werdum - 38

2. Cain - 33

3. Overeem 36

4. JDS - 32

5. Ben Rothwell - 34

6. Andre Arlovski - 37

7. Travis Browne - 33

8. Mark hunt - 42

9. Josh Barnett - 38

10.  Roy Nelson - 39

I would favour Fedor, at 39, in a fight over any of them. I'm no bookmaker but in terms of odds if anyone was to offer me an even money bet on the winner of a fight with any of the top 10 guys and Fedor I'm pretty certain I'd be the one getting value for money.

Penn is not going to dent the LW division. I'd maybe see him making the outer echelons of the top 15 at best. 

Rockhold is going to massacre Bisping. 

Disagree man. Don't think anyone could be expected to massacre Bisping in a fight. I'm not his biggest fan but the guy brings it. 

He's lost 7 times. Wanderlei, Belfort, Henderson and Chael Sonnen were all done for PEDs after the fights and Rashad Evans, Rockhold & Tim Kennedy beat him fair and square. I haven't seen the Rashad fight in a while, but Tim Kennedy has the capability to basically wrestle-f**k anyone in the division and in the Rockhold fight there was a headbutt in the first round that - as Rockhold admitted himself - changed the entire complexion of the fight. 

My money is going to be on Bisping to win the fight. I think it's a losing bet but I think the bookies are offering value for money with their pricing. 

He's had a hard career though. Plenty of injuries, one good eye, age not on his side.

I like watching him fight but he's going to have to out-point Rockhold and I can't see that. Can see a TKO stoppage or Rockhold to win every round.

He's going to have to outwork him with flurries and try for a decision. Rockhold won't be as tentative as Silva regarding trying to beat him up, though.

I suppose there's also the outside chance of a TKO win for Bisping if he catches Rockhold with a particularly good flurry. Despite his seeming lack of power, Sonnen did say after their fight that Bisping hit him really hard.

Still, amazing he's here with one properly functioning eye.

I think those are pretty fair assessments tbh. In MMA I think it's very rare that someone should be a 5/1 underdog. Especially when it's two top ranked male fighters. A Bisping TKO is the one way I could see him winning this and I won't be overly surprised if it happens. 

Overeem is a big jessie when under pressure, which Stipe brings with power.

Expect Overeem to continue his tight game of late, and aim to control the fight with his kicking game.

Stipe T/KO round 1/2, or Overeem TKO/Sub 3-5, or Overeem decision, likelihood in that order.

Overeem decision

Uwotm8?

Has happened a couple of times but fights involving the horse guzzling freak rarely go distance. Pretty sure someone's getting sparked that fight and hopefully its Overeem.

Been on holiday while UFC 198 was on, come home to the prelims but no main card! Wouldn't be so raging but I've avoided spoilers for 2 weeks while away!! Only 1 I seen was a picture of stipe with the belt and the news that Matt brown fights again very soon (was hoping he'd smashed Maia) but did actually think he'd been subbed early.

Rockhold will smash Bisping again, as much as I like Bisping he was completely outclassed and overpowered last time.

Whiteford released from the UFC, would've liked to have seen him get another shot but can see why he was let go, even the guy who beat him (Martins) was released, pretty sure I said at the time both of them didn't look like they were trying to win the fight and just cruising it, absolute Shitefest of a fight and glad someone in the UFC notices these things.

Been on holiday while UFC 198 was on, come home to the prelims but no main card! Wouldn't be so raging but I've avoided spoilers for 2 weeks while away!! Only 1 I seen was a picture of stipe with the belt and the news that Matt brown fights again very soon (was hoping he'd smashed Maia) but did actually think he'd been subbed early.

Rockhold will smash Bisping again, as much as I like Bisping he was completely outclassed and overpowered last time.

Whiteford released from the UFC, would've liked to have seen him get another shot but can see why he was let go, even the guy who beat him (Martins) was released, pretty sure I said at the time both of them didn't look like they were trying to win the fight and just cruising it, absolute Shitefest of a fight and glad someone in the UFC notices these things.

That's murder about the spoilers man! 

I think Whiteford's no real loss to the UFC. Found him very obnoxious and on the MMA hour recently he was just utter cringe. Wish the guy all the best and I'll forever support a Scot in an international competition but he's 33 and just couldn't really cut it at the top, top level. Stevie Ray on the other hand, we shall see...

Been some cracking fights tonight so far. A card not inundated with big names but really looks to be a fighter's card. Very much enjoying it. 

That's murder about the spoilers man!

I think Whiteford's no real loss to the UFC. Found him very obnoxious and on the MMA hour recently he was just utter cringe. Wish the guy all the best and I'll forever support a Scot in an international competition but he's 33 and just couldn't really cut it at the top, top level. Stevie Ray on the other hand, we shall see...

Been some cracking fights tonight so far. A card not inundated with big names but really looks to be a fighter's card. Very much enjoying it.

His appearance on the MMA hour summed him up. His absolute arrogance that he thinks he's a massive draw and one of the key reasons UFC Glasgow happened is staggering. His claim of being shocked about being cut was either outright delusion or just more to save face. Outside of his ko at Glasgow he never looked like a fighter worth keeping on the roster.

I've only seen the 'noneofyourfuckingbusiness' story which was pretty cringey. Gonna catch the rest of it tonight, Going to Frankfurt on a stag this weekend with his manager, will find out if he's actually as big a dick as he seems haha.

I've only seen the 'noneofyourfuckingbusiness' story which was pretty cringey. Gonna catch the rest of it tonight, Going to Frankfurt on a stag this weekend with his manager, will find out if he's actually as big a dick as he seems haha.

Most accounts of people that I know who've met him say he's a nice fella. Just presents himself as an utter nob on social media and whenever interviewed. Edited by mrcat1990

Thoughts on this weekend's card lads?

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-199?id=

Really is a belter. 

I think Faber has a legitimate shot against Cruz. Styles make fights and also emotions will be running quite high in this one; could see Faber pulling off the submission. Still think Bisping is overpriced but I think there's only a slight margin of difference between him and Faber (5/1 & 9/2 respectively last I checked) and I think Faber's perhaps an even better shout. Both favourites should win, but this is a great sport for betting on the underdog. 

Poirier and Green should be a brawl (I can't think of a shit fight involving either of them off the top of my head) and the rest of the main card and prelims feature a bunch of interesting ones. 

That main card is actually really good and potentially very entertaining.

Cruz will batter Faber, Rockhold will bully Bisping again. Holloway Lamas is going to be a real test of how far Max has come. Even got Clay Guida on the final undercard bout.

Dong Hyun Kim is for some reason the first bout of the night on the preliminaries... wtf?

Rockhold v Bisping

Cruz v Faber

Holloway v Lamas

Henderson v Lombard

Porier v Green