MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

That was ridiculous!  Not one landed clean on him after the knock down, dunno what he was thinking about.

Johnson calling for a big money fight but he's not getting near McGregor and Diaz already bossed him. I'd like to see something fresh to continue his build back, Chiesa maybe? 

I saw big john and herb talking the other day about the 5 stages of a knockdown starting with falling backwards with your hands by your side stopping your fall being the less serious, all the way to your body collapsing under you being the most serious and how referees judge the seriousness of a situation based on this.

Hall's stage of knockdown was on the more serious side and would have had alarm bells ringing for Herb. Hall wasn't really defending himself and although nothing was really connecting on the ground the referee has a duty to protect the fighter's health.

Probably stopped too soon but he has a split second decision to make and one more connected punch and Hall could have been out for the count and suffered serious damage.

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Doubt they waste the chance to market a simultaneous two weight champ just yet. I reckon they see what happens here first. I'm assuming it is a title match, yeah? 

The fight hasn't been confirmed btw. But if the strong rumours are to be believed, aye, it's a title fight.

What's the point in calling him simultaneous 2-weight champion if he's not defended his current belt yet and has only avoided being stripped on Dana's good graces? 

If he win's he's a double weight champion on technicality alone until he defends his FW belt.