MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

19 hours ago, Christophe said:

I noticed also that the two judges who scored 10-8s for Woodley did so in different rounds, 1&4...neither were for me.

If round 4 isn't a 10-8 then I have absolutely no idea what we're even watching anymore. As clear a 10-8 as you will see.

I wouldn't argue with Holloway next in line at FW, but at LW it has to be Khabib. He should have gotten the shot two years ago, came back from serious injury and should still have gotten the shot. If it's him vs Ferguson for the shot I reckon Khabib does a job on him. Not one of Khabib's fights have even been close. 

A lot of hate for Artem here, personally I like him, he smashed a few guys on TUF and got beat by a really top level Bjj guy in the finale. Had a couple of poor fights since but at least he won last time out easily. Ishihara is more than likely going to stand with him in this fight and I can see Artem knocking him out.

Just listened to Kavanagh, He's obviously a very clever guy but there's no fucking chance Diaz doesn't get thrown all over the octagon if he was to ever fight Khabib. Just remember how RDA done it.

Kavanagh is hyping Nate for his 3rd fight with McGregor. No chance he genuinely believes he's a bigger threat than Ferguson or Khabib.

However, just because the previous fights have gone 1-1, the last one really closely, McGregor Diaz III for the title is fucking juicy and a certainty to happen in McG's next 3 fights if he defends.

Edited by GiGi

36 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

If round 4 isn't a 10-8 then I have absolutely no idea what we're even watching anymore. As clear a 10-8 as you will see.

It will be from Jan 1 but not currently for me, Wonderboy had time in control at the start and end of the round. 

Holloway I suppose you could make a case for over Aldo, but Diaz over Khabib, RDA, Ferguson? Nah.

I'd have Diaz getting a title shot at LW over RDA at the minute considering he's coming off two straight losses. Saying that Diaz should be no where near the title until he beats one of the top 5 guys at LW.

9 hours ago, gy diamond said:

I'd have Diaz getting a title shot at LW over RDA at the minute considering he's coming off two straight losses. Saying that Diaz should be no where near the title until he beats one of the top 5 guys at LW.

Like Conor McGregor?

I know. Anyway. Diaz getting a shot at 155 is least arguable on merit even if Ferguson and Khabib should be first on line. Much more so than Henderson getting one at Bisping.

It's the UFC. They would happily make that match-up for the same reasons as Hendo: big name, the two men have history. With Khabib v Ferguson eliminator for the winner.

That's the absolute extreme scenario however, there's no apparent injury to the main contenders. Nate is probably 3rd in the queue and he'll probably have to win against another genuine contender before they throw his name in again. I'd love to see it McGregor v Diaz III for the strap next time myself.

I'm not going to sit here and argue that either of their fights were not entertaining, they obviously were. I'm however more of a fan of giving shots to those who actually deserve them which obviously the company is straying from. It's clear though that McGregor will fight either Diaz or even Woodley before he fights the actual contenders.

I could see them giving Diaz the shot rather than give him a contender's fight. If he fights a main contender he'll probably lose and the chance will be gone.

If Diaz gets a contender's fight, we won't see Diaz/Conor again, unless it's at 170. I don't think we'll see him fight at 170 again though.

It's been over looked by most people but I thought Alvarez breaking the news that Mcgregor was having a baby at the pre press conference by saying that mcgregor was having two babies and his girlfriend wasn't having twins was a pretty low move.

Breaking the news before mcgregor got a chance to was bad enough but he made it even worse.