MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Wtf was Brunson doing?! Just ruined a couple years of good wins with that joke performance. Was just a matter of time before Whittaker was going to catch him.

Thought Matthews done enough but can't complain about that one. The refs and judges were really shit all night though. 1st fight on the main card was Ham vs Taylor, Ham dominates the 1st round, doesn't take a single step backwards, rocks Taylor twice with 2 big left hands, then gets a takedown at the end of the round yet 2 of the judges scored it 30-27 Taylor. Really strange. Have seen there's another couple results like this but not watched them yet.

To be fair if Mcgregor isn't going to be back until May, then he certainly isn't going to come back to fight at 145, so you're looking at a minimum two years the belt will have went undefended if he ever has plans to actually defend it.

Best thing for all concerned and UFC can use needing to " save " a PPV as the excuse they needed, not that the PPV is anywhere close to being saved.

10 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Can't see him being happy at not being allowed to defend it against someone he beat in 13 seconds.

He made the decision to fight twice at 155 and once at 170 since he won the F/W title. He has nobody to blame but himself for how this has turned out for him.

5 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Royal rumble for undisputed FW title on PPV, no value in a belt just handing it to Aldo

He should be fighting someone else for the title rather than being given a title that he lost in 13 seconds. He doesn't deserve the belt back until he's won it.

Wait, I thought this was just rumour but it's actually official.

UFC have made Aldo undisputed FW champ. Then they've made the Holloway fight for the interim title?

I can understand stripping McGregor if he's fit and not defending his title for 17 months...but how can they then make someone undisputed champ and also set up a fight for interim champ? That is surely just completely wrong. It would be hard to justify making Aldo undisputed champ anyway, but to also have an interim champ alongside him is a complete joke decision. McGregor has just made an absolute mockery of the full FW division and UFC have reinforced it.

Aldo being champ is probably the worst bit for me. I'd have had one of Pettis or Holloway fight Aldo for the vacant title. I don't mind an interim champ when a guy hasn't defended as long as McGregor did, but when you now have no champ, why not just crown a champion?

The winner of Pettis Holloway are surely going to fight Aldo anyway so it'll sort itself out in the end. No one is really going to give Aldo any credit as champ until he fights the winner. They've only done this to save 206. 

Pettis Holloway is a good fight, hopefully Max gets the win and a chance at Aldo. 

Aldo being champ is probably the worst bit for me. I'd have had one of Pettis or Holloway fight Aldo for the vacant title. I don't mind an interim champ when a guy hasn't defended as long as McGregor did, but when you now have no champ, why not just crown a champion?

Aldo beat Frankie Edgar in his last fight to become interim champion. Edgar's the second ranked fighter in the division after Aldo. There's no contention in making Aldo the full champion after he fairly won the interim belt and McGregor refused to fight at the weight.

Adding another interim champion whilst having a full champion is ridiculous though. No need for it.

Just catching the Aussie card this morning, Brunson is a fucking tool!  Really like Whittaker though so f**k him. 

Dunno if the BT feed was the same as probably happened during ads but i watched it on AD6 and the mics caught some funny conversations where their footage stayed in cage during the break space. Bruce Buffer and Robert Whittaker awkward small chatting at the end..."you've got a beautiful family by the way" "you like coming to Australia?" Haha.

Also Hardy calling him Forrest Whittaker!

Edited by Christophe