MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Aye but it got brought up after Craig got beat the other night, Ray sticking the knife in, giving absolutely no fucks.

It's really put me off Craig tbh, he was taking the piss out of Ray for having a go fund me page to help with costs for travelling to Tristar.

Lauzon won't be getting ray down I don't think, can see ray winning by ko.
Frankie Edgar vs Yair Rodriguez on Ufc211 just announced, some fight that.

Stevie Ray and Paul Craig having a bit of a go at each other on twitter, Craig's a dick tbh when you go back and look at what was all said.

ION Robert Whiteford is back fighting this weekend in Manchester against Nam Phan, decent fight card with plenty of names on it, live on YouTube this sat. Hope he wins, if he does he'll probably be back in the UFC for July. If Ray beats Lauzon I think he's got a chance of headlining, or maybe Calderwood vs Paige Van Zant. That's my guess anyway.

Wasn't Craig tweeting but some random fella called Stephen Belcher.

8 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Aye but it got brought up after Craig got beat the other night, Ray sticking the knife in, giving absolutely no fucks.

It's really put me off Craig tbh, he was taking the piss out of Ray for having a go fund me page to help with costs for travelling to Tristar.

Having a Go Fund Me to train MMA is a bit shite though. I always thought it was for actual charitible causes.

That whole Twitter thread makes the two of them look like idiots TBH.

If they want the UFC to keep coming back to Scotland they'd be as well just keeping their mouths shut. They're not setting up a fight or anything. Constantly having a go at each other, especially when either loses, makes the two of them look like dicks. 

Having a Go Fund Me to train MMA is a bit shite though. I always thought it was for actual charitible causes.
That whole Twitter thread makes the two of them look like idiots TBH.
If they want the UFC to keep coming back to Scotland they'd be as well just keeping their mouths shut. They're not setting up a fight or anything. Constantly having a go at each other, especially when either loses, makes the two of them look like dicks. 

I agree with most of that, it definitely doesn't look good and probably would be better if it hadn't been brought up again. Don't agree with the go fund me thing though, I don't see a problem with that, nobody is forcing anyone to give him money, will probably be friendsave and family that were helping him out. Not easy having a wife, kids, house etc and still have enough to pay for top class training in a different country.

It's worked out well for him if you look at in now whereas Craig has stayed here, kept a full time job and maybe won't do as well in the UFC.

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

I agree with most of that, it definitely doesn't look good and probably would be better if it hadn't been brought up again. Don't agree with the go fund me thing though, I don't see a problem with that, nobody is forcing anyone to give him money, will probably be friendsave and family that were helping him out. Not easy having a wife, kids, house etc and still have enough to pay for top class training in a different country.

It's worked out well for him if you look at in now whereas Craig has stayed here, kept a full time job and maybe won't do as well in the UFC.

99% of pro MMA fighters in this country hold a job as well as train full time I would reckon.

I do tend to notice Stevie Ray almost begging on social media which is very cringey.

But for Craig to go public with it is a dickhead move.

I did notice Craig has spoken well of Stevie Ray in terms of his actual fights. What makes Ray seem like a w**k is the fact that he has waited for Craig to lose a fight to have a go at him.

Two Scots who we should be getting behind acting like teenage girls on the internet. Embarrassing really.

Seems Ray had a wee dig at Craig after Saturday, Then when questioned on why he did  it he brought up the twitter exchange they had 2 years ago. Apparently Ray set up a Just Giving or Go Fund Me page to go and train at Tristar, Craig took umbrage and told him to get a job and the twitter war erupted from there. Pretty petty stuff TBH.

Pretty random.....I just got in and switched on the ACB feed on YouTube, Chris Bungard vs Iain Feenan was about to start ( heard of Bungard before but knew nothing about Feenan) turns out they're both Scottish and Paul Craig is cornering Bungard with Stevie Ray cornering Feenan. Just thought it was a bit strange after all the stuff I'd posted this week!

Bungard won in the 1st round submission.