MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Cut some of the bullshit out your post and amended it.
Not really having a go - its a business and of course its all about the money.

That's your opinion bud. But the bullshit you've cut out is fact. Georges St Pierre has walked straight from an extended hiatus into a title shot in a division that he wasn't even competing in before he left.

How's that not a joke?

Aye. It's a business and it's all about making money but the credibility of the whole thing is staring to wane a bit.

5 minutes ago, The Gudderman said:

That's your opinion bud. But the bullshit you've cut out is fact. Georges St Pierre has walked straight from an extended hiatus into a title shot in a division that he wasn't even competing in before he left.

How's that not a joke?

Aye. It's a business and it's all about making money but the credibility of the whole thing is staring to wane a bit.

Yeh sorry my choice of words weren't great but at the end of the day whatever stars sell the most tickets/PPV buys will always get to the top of the tree.  Similar story with the Brock Lesnar fiasco last summer.

No worries buddy. You're correct about PPV buys and bums on seats.

As with every business, they'll do what brings in the most dough for them even if it means overlooking the guys who have earned the right to be at the top of the list.

I just think that the guys like Romero and Souza deserve title shots before a guy who's been out of the picture for a while and not even in their weight class.

You're right about Lesnar too. They can wheel him out every now and again for their purpose. Depending on whether he gets caught taking too much "pre workout" or not.lol.

No worries buddy. You're correct about PPV buys and bums on seats.

As with every business, they'll do what brings in the most dough for them even if it means overlooking the guys who have earned the right to be at the top of the list.

I just think that the guys like Romero and Souza deserve title shots before a guy who's been out of the picture for a while and not even in their weight class.

You're right about Lesnar too. They can wheel him out every now and again for their purpose. Depending on whether he gets caught taking too much "pre workout" or not.lol.

It's a catch 22 situation......they need to sell tickets to make the huge amounts of money they make. However if they don't start creating new GSPs, Silvas, Penns then they will eventually be screwed regardless as these guys can only last so long. Sadly I just can't see it. I'm only an amateur when it comes to following the sport and I'm sure some more educated posters will correct me but their two biggest ever draws were Lesnar (made his name elsewhere) and McGregor (self publicist). Have UFC ever made a true top star who can sell tickets/PPVs?

Wilson Reis hahaha

I saw Reis fight in Glasgow in an absolute barnstormer v Owen Roddy. Fell for him that night so will hear absolutely nothing of ill will against him. He will however get murked by DJ.