MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Dana saying something isn't ever confirmation enough for me seeing as he's a proven liar. f**k knows what is going on with GSP though. He's the right weigh, in shape and been in camp long enough. Wonder if it's USADA related?

Normally I agree but would be hard to lie about this. GSP has been taking the piss, won't be ready until after October. Holding up a thriving division which would mean over a year without a Middleweight defense if they were to wait. And GSP screwing his own fans too is another low blow

Great news about GSP, should be coming back at WW anyway.

Just need Floyd to get run over or something now.

Cejudo out of his fight with Pettis this weekend, praying that's the only fight that's off!

Going for Stipe, Masvidal, Edgar, Andrade and Poirier. Might change my mind on a few of those by fight time though! Most are 50/50 imo

Oh Jojo is in serious trouble! 

Nelson was obviously going to be the main event. I like Ponzinibbio and I think it's good that he's already had his fair share of dealing well with submission guys. Is a bit underwhelming to see him in a main event though. #9 vs #13. 

I can't afford to go to this anyway :lol:

I can't really afford it either but I'll be beg, stealing and borrowing my way there if I have to.

Card seems absolutely fine for me. There's been many worse Fight Night cards and we got JoJo, Ray and Craig, which was just about all I required to get myself along.

Maybe the lamest press conference they've ever done.

Definitely not as strong a lineup as past two summer conferences. It's these moments that make you desperately miss McGregor. Only two things to take for me is that Lee dressed like a fanny and still Jones gets under DC's skin so easily, which we all knew already.

I enjoyed it, cringey as f**k for most of it though, DC and Michael Johnson were the worst. Johnson saying he eats his shit whole reminded me of the Shooter McGavin eating shit for breakfast bit.

Same. Disappointed the "you eat your own shit?" comeback didn't happen.

I just hate all the McGregor-lites. Some journo asked Lee a general question and he went on this huge rant that finished with "so don't ever compare me to Conor McGregor!" And it's just kinda like... okay? Nobody was mate?

The people I (and it seems like most of the fans) like are the people who are genuine. Putting on great fights goes a long way but people like Mousasi, Joanna, Holm, Edgar and the Diaz bros all have their own unique approach to media and outside the cage stuff, but the one thing they all have in common is that they seem genuine and the fans seem to like that. I don't want a bunch of McGregor wannabes. 

Really looking forward to this one tonight. Any one of these has absolute fight of the night potential. Don't wanna jinx it but I've got high hopes.

Alvarez Poirier is my pick of the night. Alvarez could try and wrestlefuck him but when is Dustin Poirier ever in a boring fight? I think he sometimes flies under the radar because he's got his share of losses but he always brings it. 

Yair Edgar has major potential too. Fucking... everything does.