MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

What do you lads make or DC's 2/1 to Jones' 2/5?

Is there value in DC? I mean... I know Jon Jones is quite simply *that* good but despite comfortably winning he definitely didn't look the same in the OSP fight. A lot has happened in his life since he beat DC 2.5 years ago.

Nice to have a big fight like that back in the frame anyway. 

What do you lads make or DC's 2/1 to Jones' 2/5?
Is there value in DC? I mean... I know Jon Jones is quite simply *that* good but despite comfortably winning he definitely didn't look the same in the OSP fight. A lot has happened in his life since he beat DC 2.5 years ago.
Nice to have a big fight like that back in the frame anyway. 

So many variables makes this a toughie to pick. My opinion is for all he claims that he fought too emotionally last time, I think DC will do just that again. Anytime he's around Jones you can see he really really gets under his skin. Although the same could be said for Gardbrandt with Cruz and we saw how that one went.

Be interested to see if there's a betting market for Jones to somehow f**k up his way out of this fight also. My kiss of death with gambling would be put on that to ensure this fucking fight actually happens.

1 hour ago, mrcat1990 said:

So many variables makes this a toughie to pick. My opinion is for all he claims that he fought too emotionally last time, I think DC will do just that again. Anytime he's around Jones you can see he really really gets under his skin. Although the same could be said for Gardbrandt with Cruz and we saw how that one went.

Be interested to see if there's a betting market for Jones to somehow f**k up his way out of this fight also. My kiss of death with gambling would be put on that to ensure this fucking fight actually happens.

Haha. If you don't mind putting the kiss of death bet on I'm sure we'd all appreciate it man, thanks!

I feel like JJ just has DC's number. I know he's basically had everyone's number but I just don't see how Daniel Cormier ever beats Jon Jones. But... objective logic just implies that DC *must* have a better chance this time, right?

Fucking cracking entire card as well. We've been a due a big event and this is easily the best card since 205 imo.

I mean, aside from all the title fights it's got Lawler vs. Cerrone on there almost exclusively just for funzies. I'm down. 

Edited by BradHorse

I genuinely believe Jones vs DC is #1 vs #2 P4P and one of, if not the biggest fight in MMA history. Still work to be done before we even get the fight though, DC's last weight cut was a bit concerning. 

One thing is for sure it's going to be an incredible night of fights.

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

I genuinely believe Jones vs DC is #1 vs #2 P4P and one of, if not the biggest fight in MMA history. Still work to be done before we even get the fight though, DC's last weight cut was a bit concerning. 

One thing is for sure it's going to be an incredible night of fights.

It's actually kinda shite how DC got away with that eh? It kinda became a meme and went a bit viral for a couple of days but he literally got away with cheating to make weight. Nobody really talks about it anymore.

Jon Jones was talking about moving up to heavyweight and fighting Brock Lesnar, and Lesnar seemed keen. Will likely never happen, but hat would likely do a hell of a buy rate.

Moist for the card this Saturday, especially the main event which is pretty much the biggest fight in MMA in my opinion. So many questions regarding Jones mental state and level - especially after not only all the time away, but also his laboured performance against OSP - and whether DC has improved / can keep his head sufficiently to give Jones his first legitimate loss. It'd be a tremendous fight anyway just with the talent and styles both guys have, but the personal element of it and the history between the two really makes it even bigger. must have watched the promo video for it well in to double figures this week alone, arguably the best UFC have ever produced.

Been hearing all sorts about how Jones has got so many new ways of using his elbows and how his ground game is even better now.

Dan Hardy raised an interesting point that Jones thought OSP had nothing to trouble him. Therefore he didn't really try as hard as he normally would and just plodded along. Leaving DC to perhaps think he's lost a step and also giving him nothing new to study for when they inevitably meet again. There's a good chance that's shite but I also think it does make sense.

This is a ridiculously great card. Do a bit of reading on who is fighting and why and you'll see how great it is. 

Best one of the year easy... if it wasn't for 205 being so good last year it would probably be the best card for years and years.

I'm a bit torn with Cerrone Lawler. Cerrone is a slow starter and doesn't do well with relentless pressure attackers like Lawler but f**k knows how Lawlers noggin is after being brutally knocked out and having two wars prior.