MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Who we all got tonight?

I'm going
Manuwa
Lawler
Cyborg
Woodley ( although I would love it if Maia done it.)
Jones

Haven't been following UFC as much recently but this card has really reignited my interest. Don't disagree with how you've went but personally I'm hoping Cerrone does it - just like the guy.

Haven't been following UFC as much recently but this card has really reignited my interest. Don't disagree with how you've went but personally I'm hoping Cerrone does it - just like the guy.

I can't stand Cowboy so really hope Lawler does a job on him. Neither of them do boring fights though so regardless of the outcome it should be a quality fight.

Manuwa should win by KO. He's great at finding single shots, he doesn't even have to fully connect to take someone out.

I know Cerrone says he wants to knock Lawler out but I think he should be implementing his ground game here. Cerrone's head movement isn't great so I'd imagine Lawler will find combinations with ease.

Woodley to knock out Maia.

Cyborg to knock out Evinger. Evinger eats a lot of punches and she can't afford to do that in this fight. Needs to somehow get Cyborg to the ground, even then not sure she's a better grappler.

The main event is interesting. DC has been getting emotional again whereas Jones is super relaxed and enjoying the experience. Jones winning Decision is likely but possible late stoppage. Jones says he'll make DC quit.

Just rewatched DC-Jones 1 there, much more competitive than I thought! In saying that I just can't pick DC. Jones has supposedly been working a lot of bjj in his time off so I'm going for him by sub, crazy I know.
Manuwa by ko/tko/dq is evens with williamhill which I think is a great bet.
Evinger to last more than 2 and a half minutes is 4/7 with Ladbrokes, seems very decent as she's meant to be a very tough wrestling type that's never been finished, I've got that and cyborg to win in the 2nd at 11/2.
Picks are....
Sterling(not sure why as barao has never been taken down, just think there's more to come from Sterling than he's shown so far)
Lamas(really like knight but it's a big step up, close fight though and potential FOTN)
Manuwa
Lawler
Cyborg
Woodley
Jones