MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Corrupt? It was a close fight, one of the closest in a while. I had Jones up 3-2.

He had one good round. It was a close fight I agree but the other Big dude done him. I'm not gonna sit and argue as I don't know how they score these fights but one of the judges had Jones a clear winner. Which was total nonsense

Corrupt. :lol:

Two rounds were far too close to call for me. I had Gusty by one round, but I thought rounds two and three could have went either way, and I'd assume the fourth round flurry did something for one judge, and I thought at the time about maybe giving him that as he nearly finished the fight. Judges always take that into consideration.

It's a terrific fight.

Refs judges same people.

Well... erm... no.

It's a matter of opinion the judges got it wrong in my opinion.

Fair enough, but that's one hell of a backtrack from "corrupt" and calling the judges "useless".

I'm wrong ok if you say so you we're prob to busy ripping the head off it to notice the fight

Given that you're the one so blinded by rage at the decision that you can't even see that the fight was close, I think it's pretty rich that you accuse me of not noticing the fight.

Either man would have been a worthy winner no matter what side you're on. This seems to be the unanimous opinion as well. Well. Apart from one moron. And incase you're too stupid to get what I meant there, the moron is you.

Well... erm... no.

Fair enough, but that's one hell of a backtrack from "corrupt" and calling the judges "useless".

Given that you're the one so blinded by rage at the decision that you can't even see that the fight was close, I think it's pretty rich that you accuse me of not noticing the fight.

Either man would have been a worthy winner no matter what side you're on. This seems to be the unanimous opinion as well. Well. Apart from one moron. And incase you're too stupid to get what I meant there, the moron is you.

Choice words clown. I don't believe no judge seen the other guy won it. I couldn't care less who won it. I'm not a Big ufc fan so no idea how they point score.

I agree it was a close fight. But I think Jones knows he got lucky as well. One moron that would've been you when you spunked all over yourself once the decision got made.

Well no. I thought Gustafsson had the fight won. Infact, I said that above. Here, I'll quote it for you, from the post before you started stamping your feet in a strop...

Two rounds were far too close to call for me. I had Gusty by one round

So you're wrong on that count as well as the corrupt count, and the "refs and judges are the same" comment thrown in to your fantastic idiot salad.

Jones will know he was lucky, but if Gustafsson had won, he'd have been lucky too. Just so happened luck was in the favour of the champion this time.

Well no. I thought Gustafsson had the fight won. Infact, I said that above. Here, I'll quote it for you, from the post before you started stamping your feet in a strop...

So you're wrong on that count as well as the corrupt count, and the "refs and judges are the same" comment thrown in to your fantastic idiot salad.

Jones will know he was lucky, but if Gustafsson had won, he'd have been lucky too. Just so happened luck was in the favour of the champion this time.

Sorry I should have said judges instead of refs. I'll make sure I'm on it next time. All I said was a corrupt as boxing. Because that's what usually happens when close calls happen there. So just to be clear I thought Jones lost I had the other guy up by two. How one judge scored it In such a landslide to Jones is what I'm questioning end of. The corrupt was tongue in cheek but it's fair ruffled your feathers.

The 49-46 judge probably had only round one in favour of Gusty. I had 1,3 and 4 in favour of Gusty, but four is seemingly one which was turned in favour of Jones in a lot of eyes because he nearly finished the fight. That's important when scoring a round. So you're talking four and five potential Jones rounds right away and rounds 2 and 3 were so close that either man could have taken them.

49-46 seems harsh, but it's not unbelievable.

Judges and refs are chose by whichever commission it falls under in north America. Events in Brazil etc I believe are chosen by UFC. The UFC has no say in refs and judges for shows in USA and Canada.

FWIW I gave Jones 2, 4 and 5.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Finished that fight thinking Gustafsson had taken the first two and Bones 3,4 & 5. But it was one of those where most of the rounds could have been seen from the flip side, such a good, close fight.

Judges (or maybe not plural if it was the same idiot both times) giving winning scores to Delorme and Ronson earlier on was obscene though.