MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

War Machine caught, looks like he will be going away for a long time.

In other news, Joanne Calderwood is now out of the Ultimate Fighter house and, as expected, is giving nothing away as to how it went.

Watching Cagewarriors tonight, looking forward to seeing how Joe Duffy gets on, the last man to beat Conor McGregor.

Calderwood winning the title would be fucking glorious. I once saw her at a Thai show and was going to say the usual "big fan, keep doing what your doing etc etc" but she was busy talking to someone. Basically ended up walking past and starting at her like a creep instead.

For all those interested Cage Warriors 71 highlights package is on 4od. Full fights not just selected clips so pretty happy with it. Was kind of hoping the Channel 4 deal would involve live broadcast of events but maybe that was a bit optimistic.

Aye, hes a shite ref. Ever since he gave Bobby Green that win via kick to the balls against Krause!? Ive had a hatred for him.

Not watched all of the Bisping fight but think he's getting a bit carried away with it all, beating a 42year old whos not fought for ages isnt going to move you up the rankings.

Hope he gets a shot at Rockhold and beats him but I think Rockhold would finish him in a 5rounder.

Far too many events these days.....really struggling to keep up with it all.

Edited by Fisherman

After recent good refereeing in my book, two very premature stoppages from the weekend's entertainment. McCarthy has definitely seemed instastoppage-happy over the last few years.

Bisping looked very good against a one-eyed 42-year old who's been out of the game for two years. Give him a frikkin elimination bout so he can conclusively end his career on a relative high getting beat up.

The Canadian lad who KO-ed Pyle looked utterly composed in his minute of of action, interested to see him again.

Finally, I had completely and utterly forgotten that Max Holloway exists.

Seen a lot of chat over the last few days about the Bendo stoppage being a terrible decision. He crumbled after the left hand and was definitely out for at least a second or 2. He was trying to grab big Johns leg for a takedown then he came round a bit and claimed there was nothing wrong with him.

After the amount of dodgy decisions Bendo has had over the last couple of years he doesn't really have too much cause for complaint IMO.

Jesus christ. :lol:

I'll still give it a go as there's some potential crackers, but for name value, it's a nothing card.

EDIT: Joe Soto faces Dillashaw for the title.

Is that Random Task from Austin Powers?

Seriously, what's with all these injury call offs?