MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Barao's is self inflicted. Had a really bad cut and hospitalized himself doing it. He's not getting a title shot when he returns he's been told.

Oh, by 'cut' you mean 'cut', not 'cut'.

Hate the whole cut circus to be honest. There has to be a better way that ensures the safety of the fighters and the integrity of the sport.

Barao wanted no part of Dillishaw again. It seemed like it was his camp who were desperate for the rematch, rather than Barao himself.

Or Barao had another difficult cut to go along with the rest of the bad cuts he has had? Along with other camp mates' horrible cuts? Nah. It's one loss after an absolute fuckload of wins. That's what's done it.

I understand fighters want a size advantage but they should really be looking to fight nearer their natural fight weight. Never going to happen, but maybe enforcing max cuts of 10-15kg from their healthy weight? Guy I train with will drop from 90 odd kilos down to 75 and it's pretty horrendous. One time had my coach holding him up while he pissed he was that badly drained.

He always has bad cuts but he never misses weight. Doesn't lose for years and always makes weight.

Why did it go so badly wrong this time? His heart wasn't in it.

What went wrong was actually is dizziness causing him to smash his head and thus was rushed to the hospital. Which could happen to pretty much anyone with a bad cut. Just so happened it happened this time to him.

Jose Aldo was similarly drained before his Hominick fight. Couldn't face the media at all in the week previous or after because he simply wasn't fit to face them. Weight cuts are horrible things when they're done to the extreme, and Nova Uniao will see more of this sort of thing because they actively encourage it. Jose Aldo wants to fight at 155 and has been pressured by his camp to stay at 145. I'd imagine the minute he loses the F/W title, he'll step up.

What went wrong was actually is dizziness causing him to smash his head and thus was rushed to the hospital. Which could happen to pretty much anyone with a bad cut. Just so happened it happened this time to him.

Jose Aldo was similarly drained before his Hominick fight. Couldn't face the media at all in the week previous or after because he simply wasn't fit to face them. Weight cuts are horrible things when they're done to the extreme, and Nova Uniao will see more of this sort of thing because they actively encourage it. Jose Aldo wants to fight at 155 and has been pressured by his camp to stay at 145. I'd imagine the minute he loses the F/W title, he'll step up.

I didn't know that he hit his head, that makes much more sense rather than him just messing up the cut. I've been with mates when they have had to cut a lot of weight and it does all sorts of weird things to the body.

Aldo and Barao have been known to be terrible at cutting weight....lile the most unprofessional shit you'll see. Get massive in camp and then cut shit loads in the final week rather than regukate their weight then shed the final 8lbs or so in the final week.

It's blown up in Barao's face this time.

What we really need is a wider weight class lets say anyone between 135 and 145 weighs alin anywhere they like between than.