MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Overoids needs to retire. Smallest he's looked in years *cough*, seemingly no particular power left to trouble the big men and so vulnerable to strikes. Rothwell just soaked it up and waited for his opening, too easy.

Shuggie_Murray7, on 05 Sept 2014 - 10:32, said:

Chael Sonnen and good ol' JR will be the commentary team at Battlegrounds MMA in October.

That to me sounds like an almost perfect commentary team. Looking forward to Battlegrounds.

New series of The Ultimate Fighter starts tomorrow. It's been pretty stale for a while now however I am really looking forward to this one.

Some really good fighters, a house full of crazy women and of course Joanne competing should make for interesting viewing.

New series of The Ultimate Fighter starts tomorrow. It's been pretty stale for a while now however I am really looking forward to this one.

Some really good fighters, a house full of crazy women and of course Joanne competing should make for interesting viewing.

The Latin American one, Velasquez vs Werdum, has been decent, pretty good fights so far. Better by far than the last couple of regular season TUF's.

• 2 weeks later...

If we're talking about Johnson, the alleged incidents happened 4/5 years ago. He's already been given a second chance by Dana and is taking it, why is this being brought up now and why has he been suspended by the UFC when he was never charged? :huh:

Even if he was charged back then, is the UFC's position that anyone with a criminal record won't be allowed in the UFC?

Edited by banana

The UFC is on Fox Sports, unless you are Jon Jones, if you do anything deemed 'immoral' you will be gone, or at least suspended.

Johnnson is on tear and needed at LHW. I don't think UFC will axe him.

The UFC rankings are starting to get on my tits. Eddie Alvarez #14 before even fighting. Anderson is still #1 at MW. A nonsense.

Wasn't just Rumble I was on about. That Thiago Silva too. UFC took him back and then his wife got footage of him being a bit of a psycho and posted it online for all to see. I saw a tiny bit and it looked like he was drugged out his nut and was walking around the house with a gun in his hand. Definitely slaps her about in his spare time. Pretty sure UFC just punted him again because of this.

banana, on 20 Sept 2014 - 12:53, said:

If we're talking about Johnson, the alleged incidents happened 4/5 years ago. He's already been given a second chance by Dana and is taking it, why is this being brought up now and why has he been suspended by the UFC when he was never charged? :huh:

Even if he was charged back then, is the UFC's position that anyone with a criminal record won't be allowed in the UFC?

This.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre.

I've been waiting for someone else to bring it up. I think McGregor is one away from the title now.

The fact that he was the second highest paid fighter on 178 shows Dana is high on him because he's created such a hype around himself and Dana considers himself Irish, as does half of Boston, so there's a little love in there.

I think a title shot vs Aldo in Boston could sell massive numbers. 20,000 in the TD Garden. Aldo seems to do one fight Brasil one fight Usa so assuming he beats Mendes in Rio then it could be assumed a title fight in the US next year is next for him and McGregor in Boston would make sense. I think Mcgregor will get the winner of Swanson and Edgar as a title eliminator.

Have to feel for Porier a little. The fight went exactly as Conor said it would which must be pretty disheartening. People said he was the first real challange McGregor had face and he brushed him aside.