MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

They'd be daft to do Aldo/McGregor in front of 20,000 when they could do it in a Brazilian stadium. Reckon Dana White will be looking to do that fight as soon as possible. Might be no more fights left for McGregor, and you couldn't blame the UFC for making that decision.

Big win for Donald Cerrone as well. That guy is a class act, and that he's basically a gatekeeper at this point shows how amazing the 155 division in the UFC is.

Forgot to mention the Romero beating Kennedy after his(his team really as I don't think he knew what day it was) antics before the start of the 3rd, He was clearly out of it at that point and shouldn't of been allowed to start the round.

Really good to see Cruz back as well, hopefully we get to see him face Barao then the winner gets the shot at Dillashaw.

Zingano is one tough, determined motherfucker. Looks like the only one physically strong enough to give Rousey a proper fight.

The McGregor train keeps rolling, looked so comfortable in there. Can't wait to see him fight the top guys.

Fucking glad Kennedy lost. Hate all the military bullshit that's trotted out whenever he fights.

Mcgregor does it again. Really unsure how he'll fare against top three but clearly has what it takes as a contender. Always looked great in Cage Warriors but I personally never expected him to be this good.

Wonder what's next for Johnson? The guy is head and shoulders above everyone in that division.

Zingano is one tough, determined motherfucker. Looks like the only one physically strong enough to give Rousey a proper fight.

The McGregor train keeps rolling, looked so comfortable in there. Can't wait to see him fight the top guys.

Just looks so relaxed and at ease in the octagon. Speaking to porier as he stalked him and after he hit him. Great to watch but can see why people don't like him.

Goes to show how fucking stupid talks of an Alvarez title shot were befotre this fight.

Good fighter. But a title shot? f**k off.

Quite. I doubt Alvarez is a top ten fighter in UFC at 155 tbh. As much as I loved him in Bellator, he's in a fucking STACKED division right now.

As good as Mighty Mouse is, he's killed that division stone dead, probably wouldn't be so much of an issue if the guy rampaging the division had a bit of personality but you just don't care for his fights on that level, as entertaining as he can be in the cage, no idea who they feed him next. Dodson again?

f**k Tim Kennedy, as said he cheated to land that flurry that put Yoel on his stool so he can quit bitching.

Also "pooooooonch in tha face" should be Yoel Romero's new nickname!

McGregor saying on Twitter this morning that he's fighting Diego Sanchez next month in Mexico.

I'm still working my way through the card at the weekend, but that's what a proper UFC card should look like. Cruz adds a lot of interest to a state division. He looked fantastic but it's difficult to say if he looked "better". A lot of people seem to forget that the champions are facing the best fighters in the world constantly. Mizugaki was a step down and he destroyed him. The Dillashaw, Barao and Faber fights for Cruz all excite me.

Sanchez would be a significant step down now for McGregor, can't see it happening.

Forgot to mention Cerrone, who is fast becoming my current favourite fighter. Tough as fcuking nails and looking more likely than ever to be a top contender for a good while. Also love the way he gets in the ring regularly as opposed to a lot of fighters who we see once every 9-18 months.

Edited by banana

Dana White has said it ain't happening, and also that McGregor is probably the #1 contender. Cub Swanson anybody?

Would be really fucked off if I was Swanson/Edgar coming out of that fight with my hand raised and losing the shot to McGregor. 100% the winner of that fight should be next up. Give McGregor the loser and if he wins that he's next again.

Edited by Christophe