MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

"Best standup in all of MMA" I stopped there.

Top 5 without a doubt. technically

Anyone can get caught which has unfortunately completely takin all coverage and hype away from this guy.

You remember this post when he becomes lightweight champ :chef

Edited by ClydeNewcomer

You are out of your minds if you think green beats edson fucking barboza. Barboza might have the best standup in all of mma even although he has been caught a couple of times. If you watch him you will struggle to find a better striker on earth other than anderson at his peak or possibly aldo and pettis. He is top 5 in all of mma in my opinion and have heard he has been grappling big time recently to stop take downs.

barbosa by 1st or 2nd round tko

You are in quite an angry ol' rage tonight brah. Few too many tinnies on the road back from Arbroath?

Ross Pearson should've got the decision against him, only didn't cause it was in Brazil. Cerrone hammered him. Varner :lol:

Not a chance he'll get a top five ranking, never mind gold.

We shall see

Varner 9 times out of ten would have been spanked by barboza, I agreed with the decision in brazil and cerrone is a great well rounded fighter who caught barboza in submission.

Watch the fight tonight and tell me how right I really am

• 2 weeks later...

Ufc signed a deal with reebok where by fighters 'uniforms' will have to be reebok and they will not be allowed any sponsorship on shorts, theirs, walk on banners or anything else on fight week. In turn they all get a cut of the reebok deal.

Surely some of the lower level guys can't be happy with this deal as sponsorship is some of their main source of income. Not sure how I feel about it.

Some of these lower level guys only get $500/$1500 per fight any way. It'll be your Jon Jones' of the world who will be fizzing.

Not necessarily. Ariel Helwani was tweeting about the deal last night and the system seems set up to keep the rich fighters richer. The initial cut is based on rankings and then the more official merch you sell, the bigger the extra cut. Guys like Jones who are the popular names will possibly make a killing off this.

We'll see how it pans out but a sponsorship based on ufc official rankings and will leave some guys pretty disillusioned.

Also, will there be equal pay between divisions? Surely that will cause some issues. In some ways it makes the sport more legitimate but in other ways it will be strange seeing no walk out banners/personalised shirts.

Also. Reebok?!? Surely someone else was offering something better than reebok. Does anyone actually wear reebok anymore?

Also. Reebok?!? Surely someone else was offering something better than reebok. Does anyone actually wear reebok anymore?

Johnny Hendricks and.. err.. nobody else?

I personally liked all the fighters having different and unique shorts and walkout shirts. The companies making them are going to take a hit.

This is the problem with the UFC monopolising the MMA industry; they can impose these deals on their fighters and they have to like it or lump it because the alternative is fighting on much lesser shows (with Bellator being an exception, kind of).

They've been threatening to do this for a while and I don't think it's in the fighters interests at all. Will be interested to hear what Rogan has to say on it.

This is the problem with the UFC monopolising the MMA industry; they can impose these deals on their fighters and they have to like it or lump it because the alternative is fighting on much lesser shows (with Bellator being an exception, kind of).

They've been threatening to do this for a while and I don't think it's in the fighters interests at all. Will be interested to hear what Rogan has to say on it.

As much as i respect Rogans opinions, he is hardly going to speak ill of his employer if he thinks the deal is utter shit, nor can you really blame him.