MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I had Jones winning rounds 1,4 & 5. DC winning round 2 and I had no idea who should have had round 3. Jones definitely the winner.

DC was landing some great uppercuts whilst in clinch but tbh Jones is the master at everything, he just had too much in his arsenal for him to handle, totally unpredictable.

What next for Jones? I'd love to see him go at it with Gustafsson again. That was very close first time around.

Great first three rounds followed by two dull rounds. Clear 49-46 for me. Cormier was impressive in the 1st and especially 2nd where he was finding ways to get inside at such a reach and height disadvantage, though Jones' ability to fend off these attacks was also impressive. I think Jones busted Cormier's self-belief by hardcore grinding it out with him in the 2nd, which also seemed to really gas Cormier as his workrate disappeared somewhere in the 3rd.

Cormier crying in the post-fight press conference, by the way. Jones must be lapping that shiit up.

Still reckon Gustafsson can take him in a rematch as Jones' ludicrous natural reach advantage is largely removed - indeed I though Alexander won the first fight. Johnson looks scary, but is there enough to his game to finish a Jones who has been hit hard before and overcome it? I can't see Jones letting him stalk him down.

Cerrone is a nutter. Jury is an utter shitebag, though lovely ground defense in the 1st.

Edited by banana

What a cock Jones is. Greatest fighter ever, but completely classless. I thought he looked incredible considering how good Cormier is, no idea how anyone could think he was "awful".

Wouldn't be surprised to see the two of them do it again, it's still marketable. Does Cormier still believe though?

What a cock Jones is. Greatest fighter ever, but completely classless. I thought he looked incredible considering how good Cormier is, no idea how anyone could think he was "awful".

Agreed. Jones made Cormier pay most times he tried to get inside, it was like Cormier had to accept he was going to take a salvo of parries and counters every time he got aggressive. He then matched him at his own grindfest which like I said before seemed to break Cormier's will (underlined with Cormier's backstage and press conference emotional breakdowns). Impressive.

Edited by banana

Myles Jury is an absolute nothing. He looked several leagues below Cerrone.

Big difference between the two I felt was the fluidity of the striking, Cerrone was relaxed whereas Jury was mechanical and looked tense. He's hardly "an absolute nothing", Cerrone is top five and Jury is clearly a top 10-12 guy in the weight class.

Jones was brilliant. Cormier at best sneaked a round. When he beats the winner of Gus/Rumble theres no more fights at 205 left for him.

Would love him to take on Cain in a superfight. After that performance i reckon he'd be favourite to win that one aswell.

Also, Cerrone is the man.