Sons' sorrow

I don't think I've ever seen a post on the OS for an injury. It'll be included in tomorrows preview no doubt. I'm all for keeping the fans in the loop but I'm not sure immediately posting up that a player is injured is a good idea, especially when we haven't seen how the surgery has went or know exactly how long he'll be out for.

I don't think I've ever seen a post on the OS for an injury. It'll be included in tomorrows preview no doubt. I'm all for keeping the fans in the loop but I'm not sure immediately posting up that a player is injured is a good idea, especially when we haven't seen how the surgery has went or know exactly how long he'll be out for.

I just wondered why, if he was a doubt last week, it wasn't mentioned in the preview.

Anyway, not that we should be bothered about an on loan Celtic player. In fact we should be upset that we even signed a player with links to them.*

*If you don't understand this read the Dundee match thread

Heard on saturday from my father in law, who'd been talking to jamies mother at the game, that jamie was barely fit and had a foot infection. I posted it in the livvy match thread.

Hopefully this is just his agent exaggerating a minor procedure and he'll be fit for saturday.

Seems a strange one but, assuming he had some choice about when he had the op, to have it in the middle of the week.

I just wondered why, if he was a doubt last week, it wasn't mentioned in the preview.

Anyway, not that we should be bothered about an on loan Celtic player. In fact we should be upset that we even signed a player with links to them.*

*If you don't understand this read the Dundee match thread

A bit like how tennis players wouldn't come out before a match and say it hurts them to play backhand if they're slightly injured. We can't list possible team weaknesses on the OS the day before a game I suppose.

Aye, I'm confused as to what my title should read now thanks to that accusation.

Absolutely nae surprise to see Archie in the juniors, said as soon as he signed for Clyde that he wouldn't even be good enough for League 2. Good luck to the guy, one thing you could never fault is his effort and commitment and that's something I always like to see in a player.

As for the injury - we should all be sent text alerts as soon as a player takes a knock IMO. Except for Moonster.

Anyway, completely off topic, but ex-Son Archie Campbell has joined Kelty Hearts from Clyde.

No wonder we were dire last year with him and Hacksaw up top

I nearly had a big fright when you wrote that. As I skimmed through your post, I didn't notice the word "Kelty".

Phew!

Did anyone hear Ian Murray on Off the Ball today?

He tried to justify Dumbarton's (lack of) style last season as being down to having to play that way against Rangers, Hibs and Hearts.

That'll be the teams we got two points out of twelve games against and in the process conceded 38 goals?

Think with nade we need to supply support . Thought Walsh was good yesterday but fleming a bit off colour. I understand why but at times in trying to keep possession we close our space down . Dundee are better but we again give teams too easy possession that we are never aloud. Interesting how we approach next week

Which could be said of yesterday's cup game too.

We really didn't have a go.

I would have liked to see us throw a bit more caution to the wind in the last 10 minutes. Dundee were pushing and we could've made more chances if we committed bodies forward. Could've lost the tie as well but that's what cup games should be all about. We still played well though, the defence have certainly earned their crust.

Fleming wasn't used yesterday to proper effect, especially in the first half when he was lost on the right wing - I'd like to see him lie just off Nade. And whilst it was a good dogged defensive performance there were still far too many cheap mistakes in midfield with Gal (again) particularly culpable.

Think with Barr n midfield it takes away some of the drive and support despite Barr playing very well. That's why will be interesting how much moe we push next week against a team of our own standard.even our substitutions don't really make us by more positive