Sons' sorrow

I don't see any proof in your unfit statement, Jamie ewings has looked immensely overweight and unfit yet look at his performances, to score two goals if unfit and with limited chances, says alot for the boy, and before Aitken, Turner and aggy kept him out the team, where previously he filled in well when Turner was out injured, our midfield is too stagnant, negative, boring, wingers apart, something has to change, either in the middle of the park or just in front.

I don't see any proof in your unfit statement, Jamie ewings has looked immensely overweight and unfit yet look at his performances, to score two goals if unfit and with limited chances, says alot for the boy, and before Aitken, Turner and aggy kept him out the team, where previously he filled in well when Turner was out injured, our midfield is too stagnant, negative, boring, wingers apart, something has to change, either in the middle of the park or just in front.

The proof is he canny get a game ahead of people carrying injuries! Why risk putting Gallagher (one of "Aitkens boys") out for the season if you've got a perfectly fit and fired up central midfielder on the bench?

If Kirky was a goal keeper then that comparison would be fine. Jamie Ewings covers about 13 yards every game, it's obviously better if he's fully fit but he can get by without being the epitome of fitness. Kirky doesn't have the luxury of only having a small area to look after, he'll have the responsibility of creating everything that goes through the middle and I just don't think he's up to it right now.

Edited by The Moonster

Where are goals going to come from then, not Gallagher, nade, Fleming, (both injured), Barr, routledge, Lindsay? No chance, we'll agree to disagree, if he wasn't going to play him , he should have released him

Jordan Kirkpatrick has 7 goals in 68 appearances for us (if his Wiki is up to date - he's played 107 professional games and scored 8 goals). Why do you think he's all of a sudden going to start banging them in?

I have more faith in an injured Fleming finding the net than I do a fit Kirky.

Jordan Kirkpatrick has 7 goals in 68 appearances for us (if his Wiki is up to date - he's played 107 professional games and scored 8 goals). Why do you think he's all of a sudden going to start banging them in?

I have more faith in an injured Fleming finding the net than I do a fit Kirky.

His Wiki stats are up to date aye, but they're league games only. Unless you went down to the more detailed table at the bottom. He isn't a goalscorer, but then nobody is in this squad.

I've heard all our players Wikipedia pages are up to date, and some hardworking sad act made one for the players (like Garry Fleming, Jamie Lindsay and Grant Gallagher) who didn't previously have one.

His Wiki stats are up to date aye, but they're league games only. Unless you went down to the more detailed table at the bottom. He isn't a goalscorer, but then nobody is in this squad.

I've heard all our players Wikipedia pages are up to date, and some hardworking sad act made one for the players (like Garry Fleming, Jamie Lindsay and Grant Gallagher) who didn't previously have one.

Cheers, all in then Kirky has scored 14 goals in 122 professional games. Doesn't exactly instil confidence.

I'm not expecting Kirky to bang them in, cos he's not a striker, but maybe he could bring some much needed creativity to our forward player's, I'm not saying he's a messiah, but middle to front we have nothing at the moment, we can't rely on being good defensively, and picking up occasional points, I'd like to see us score a few and try to get three points more often,

I'm not expecting Kirky to bang them in, cos he's not a striker, but maybe he could bring some much needed creativity to our forward player's, I'm not saying he's a messiah, but middle to front we have nothing at the moment, we can't rely on being good defensively, and picking up occasional points, I'd like to see us score a few and try to get three points more often,

Why not play Cawley in there? It's his natural position after all. I know he's hardly been great but he's never been given a run in the middle of the park, has scored more goals than Kirky and is fully fit.

dig, no creativity, play Kirky in front of them

I wouldn't say Lindsay wasn't creative. He might not score, but his vision and passing are very decent. He's our best midfielder in my view, and I wouldn't be for dropping Routledge for Kirky either - even though he had a nightmare on Saturday. He is excellent at the dirty work and covering the two centre-backs.

As much as I can appreciate people wanting to try alternative options throwing Kirky in won't see an improvement in performance. He's had ample opportunity already this season and been disappointing every time I've seen him. Would much rather we stick to a settled starting XI unless forced to tweak things through injury/suspension.

When is Lindsay back?

Even though routledge gave away too many slack passes on Saturday, I actually thought he done well sweeping up a lot, but aye, kirky - see that game v Alloa where he came on and scored twice? His touch was awful and genuinely didn't do anything apart from the goals.

Another point about routledge, it seemed to me when we couldn't play a ball into the box that everyone was just looking to give him the ball, he always made himself available for a pass but obviously didn't do much with not a lot happening round about him, it made him look worse than he was.

Bradhorse has taken a shine to you - two red dots in quick succession.

He's a friend of mine, he's decided he'll give me two red dots a day to try and wind me up. I'd hazard a guess that around 80% of my red dots are from him for no reason other than it was me who posted.

I can assure you, I'm absolutely raging about it. Pretty sure I'll kill someone soon.