Sons' sorrow

We need an attacking midfielder. I wouldn't be against Fleming taking that role if we could pair him with a more defensive midfielder to give him some cover and allow him to drive forward. Barr would potentially be a very good option for that if we can keep him.

True bundy, if we lose Lindsay and Routledge for next year getting a Scott Agnew back probably wouldn't be the worst. Wee Aggie would be thriving in our team this year though IMO.

I've been thinking we could get Aggy back as well, and I'd be pretty chuffed with that. We've missed him spraying passes about.

He's only on a 1yr deal at St Mirn I think, and I'd be surprised if they kept him judging by what Saints fans have said about him. I think he also loved his time at the Rock, and will have worked with Stevie when he was a coach at Stranraer...If that means anything.

Anyway, I've watched the contentious moments back from last night again. And Dallas still got them wrong. I think even the Gaelic guy on comms was puzzled by the first offside goal.

If we chose to sell on we can gets transfer fee .???? What sort of fee would he command

Sometimes players in the Jan window get 18 month deals . Most are only on one year deals.

I think we'd have to pay a club to take this particular player!

Aye, we would be entitled to a fee but it would be very nominal. I reckon a four figure sum, but not a hugely large one would be the fee for an average, under contract player at this level.

I've been thinking we could get Aggy back as well, and I'd be pretty chuffed with that. We've missed him spraying passes about.

He's only on a 1yr deal at St Mirn I think, and I'd be surprised if they kept him judging by what Saints fans have said about him. I think he also loved his time at the Rock, and will have worked with Stevie when he was a coach at Stranraer...If that means anything.

Anyway, I've watched the contentious moments back from last night again. And Dallas still got them wrong. I think even the Gaelic guy on comms was puzzled by the first offside goal.

I wouldn't have him back to be honest. Extremely one footed.....once opposition work that out he is ineffective when shooting. Always stands off, doesn't tackle, and in my opinion is living off the memory of some cracking free kicks a long time ago in the minds of some Sons fans.

Having seen him against us, at no point did I think we needed him back

True bundy, if we lose Lindsay and Routledge for next year getting a Scott Agnew back probably wouldn't be the worst. Wee Aggie would be thriving in our team this year though IMO.

If I had to choose between the two, my preference would be Lindsay. Maybe not quite as good in breaking play up as Jono but miles better with the ball at his feet.

Thing with Lindsay is he may be under contract to Celtic again next year.

If he leaves them likely he will be looking full time. Only chance is if they punt him out on loan again .

Agree would love to keep him

Lindsay signed a new deal with Celtic when he extended his loan with us, think it was a 3yr deal, so there may be a chance we could get him back. I'd imagine he'll be on loan to a Premiership club like an Inverness/Ross County/Motherwell next season.

Have there not been plenty previous posts from people frustrated with Agnew - taking umpteen touches before spraying the pass, having to get the ball onto his left when he could have hit the ball with his right, etc, which also slowed us down, Routledge style?

And Routledge can dig in a tackle, which is way away from Agnew's strong suit.

If Jono finds a way back into full time football then good luck to him. He's been a useful player for us. Picks up far too many bookings but never shirks a challenge.

I've a feeling Kirkpatrick will drop down a league or 2 at the end of the season and Barr might move on as well.

Might be looking at having to rebuild the midfield completely next term.

Have there not been plenty previous posts from people frustrated with Agnew - taking umpteen touches before spraying the pass, having to get the ball onto his left when he could have hit the ball with his right, etc, which also slowed us down, Routledge style?

And Routledge can dig in a tackle, which is way away from Agnew's strong suit.

In all honesty, they are different types of player. But I wouldn't say they are miles apart in terms of who's the better player actually. Aggy has a better range of passing I think. Routledge has more dig in the middle for tackles etc. But playing that position always gets booked too. Would take Aggy back, but I wouldn't be overwhelmed if we re-signed him.

Barr for me has been immense since his switch to link man and also to a midfielder. Routledge has a bit of dig and will run all day but in no way is he as important as Barr to the side.

I think the criticism of Fleming has been a tad unfair. He has been an important player for us and he proved that yesterday as I watched the penalty through the gaps between my fingers.

Our players attitude got us through yesterday. Their response to going 1-0 down and Docherty's sending off was magnificent.

Thing with Lindsay is he may be under contract to Celtic again next year.

If he leaves them likely he will be looking full time. Only chance is if they punt him out on loan again .

Agree would love to keep him

Been beaten too it, he just signed a 3 yr deal with Celtic. Assuming he doesn't make the breakthrough into their first team I think we should enquire about getting him back. He's been progressing well and by all accounts enjoys it at Dumbarton. Why not?

Someone made the point about needing to rebuild the midfield, that may not be a bad thing. I assume the Stevie's have been through a learning curve and could/should be better equipped in identifying targets for next season, hopefully adding a bit of guile to the team.

Barr for me has been immense since his switch to link man and also to a midfielder. Routledge has a bit of dig and will run all day but in no way is he as important as Barr to the side.

There seems to be a mixed reaction to Barr moving into the midfield, his role in the past two games if nothing else has allowed the others to get forward more and to good effect. It did strike me whilst watching the game again last night that this is as strong a sons side that there has been for a long time.

I actually think Barr has been superb in our recent home games at central midfield.

If Routledge does indeed go and we managed to get Lindsay back (big if btw) then removing Routledge for a creative player wouldn't he a bad thing.

A tackler, a box to box type player and a creative baller would be a lovely combo. Whilst I do rate Jono highly I also think we have been slightly imbalanced in the middle of the park at times so it could allow us to sort that.

On a side note, it looks like Walsh hasn't turned out to be the signing we'd hope he'd be. Is it going to be another Barrie McKay type situation where he can't really be arsed being here and will go back to Rangers and star for them? Can't see it myself but then again I thought McKay looked awful at Raith so you never know.

ame="ThirdrockfromtheSon" post="10268294" timestamp="1457821254"]

Some bookies give odds as 100/30

Why not 10/3? Does my nut in

Used to work for T.M.Craig bookies in the town when I was younger. There are loads of baffling odds, I was only pointing out that 2/6 should have read 1/3. I can't for the life of me remember the history of 10/3 v100/30 but there is actually a reason behind this daft figure.

I get your point though. 4/6, 30/100, 2/7 etc etc - IIRC, it's all about how much money is being gambled at the race track, and the margins just ensure that the Bookie can't lose. They're better mathematicians than Carol Vorderman, ffs!

The difference between 1/3 and 2/5, for example, can be massive if big money is being laid on a particular race.