Sons' sorrow

What's Ben Gordon going to st mirren got to do with our thread ?

Ex Son's player. Most fans will be interested in where ex-player's now are. Stop being a dick.

Edited by ayrunitedfw

No, he's a big shit, he's about 6'4", you know.  Certainly by the Cappielow measurement system.

6"2 irl, 6"8 inside Cappielow. 

Anyway, I hope my wee Duggan bantz lightened up a pretty woeful hashtag thriller Thursday.

This is also fantastic. Credit to the DFC Photoshop department who have clearly signed some big name stars.

post-33799-0-09047800-1464884727_thumb.j

McCall saying he's waiting on a decision from, devlin, Murphy, and Stevenson, could we all be wrong?

I heard it from a completely different source to the original one today. Someone with very, very close connections to Ayr United who said it was basically a done deal.

I heard it from a completely different source to the original one today. Someone with very, very close connections to Ayr United who said it was basically a done deal.

I was down at Somerset today and seen him in the passing. Didn't have a chance to ask him about the Dumbarton rumour.

He's obviously still in talks with us at present.

I was down at Somerset today and seen him in the passing. Didn't have a chance to ask him about the Dumbarton rumour.

He's obviously still in talks with us at present.

Must've been clearing his locker  ;)

In all seriousness though, as I said on your thread, I can't really understand this move from his perspective. He seems to love Ayr and they'll offer him a deal I can't understand why he wouldn't want to stay?

This guy that I heard from today doesn't know what I had already heard, doesn't go on forums and doesn't know the guy I heard it from originally though so I'm inclined to believe it. Like I said he's very close to Ayr, and I can't think of why he'd randomly make up or support that rumour.

Edit: We've all assumed a Thriller Thursday is more than 1 bit of re-signing news...Perhaps that's it for the day  :(

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Must've been clearing his locker ;)

In all seriousness though, as I said on your thread, I can't really understand this move from his perspective. He seems to love Ayr and they'll offer him a deal I can't understand why he wouldn't want to stay?

This guy that I heard from today doesn't know what I had already heard, doesn't go on forums and doesn't know the guy I heard it from originally though so I'm inclined to believe it. Like I said he's very close to Ayr, and I can't think of why he'd randomly make up or support that rumour.

Rumour has it that when he decided to return to Ayr it was planned as a long-term decision and Ayr United would pay for him to be put through his coaching badges. I'm led to believe this hasn't happened and Stevo isn't best pleased about it.

However he did say a few weeks ago in the paper that he wanted to stay and McCall said him to stay if he could prove his fitness.

I'd say the most likely chance of him signing for you lot is if he is told he hadn't got a future with us.

Rumour has it that when he decided to return to Ayr it was planned as a long-term decision and Ayr United would pay for him to be put through his coaching badges. I'm led to believe this hasn't happened and Stevo isn't best pleased about it.

However he did say a few weeks ago in the paper that he wanted to stay and McCall said him to stay if he could prove his fitness.

I'd say the most likely chance of him signing for you lot is if he is told he hadn't got a future with us.

Maybe that's the reason, only thing I can think of. Maybe feels like he shouldn't have to prove himself to anyone at this stage of his career.

No idea what sort of character he is, but I think there's quite a few players out there who would adopt this attitude.