Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

With regards to the budget, if it is correct that it's vastly reduced for this season, on account of some being 'borrowed' from this year's, then, questions rightly should be directed towards Aitken. Understandably as to why it's been spent in such a way.

But then it should only be fair that questions are asked of the board as well. Why did they allow Aitken to 'borrow' budget for last year?

If the manager was given additional budget then it would be unfair and unrealistic to expect him to question the financial management of those who give the budget, he's going to spend it. So, if we have left ourselves short this year, on account of overspending last year, then questions must be asked of those above.

Good post but with regards to these bits, I'd think the more likely scenario is Aitken going to the board and asking for more money, the board then telling him that the only way we can give him money is if it comes out of next years budget and Aitken has accepted that in order to keep us in the league.  The board need to be seen to back the manager without being ridiculous about it and despite the claims from many that this budget is vastly reduced on previous budgets, I just don't see it.

I just can't see this board, who have worked hard to balance our books and eliminate our debt, throwing silly money around without Aitken pressuring them for extra cash, and even then I don't see us spending silly money. 

37 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Yeah, probably more fun than the mundane nature of scraping safety of eighth, but if you gave me a choice between the two, there's no way I'd prefer the play-offs.

Me neither. Who, in their right mind, would prefer paying an additional £70-80 plus travel and food etc, just to fend off relegation?

f**k that!

Good post but with regards to these bits, I'd think the more likely scenario is Aitken going to the board and asking for more money, the board then telling him that the only way we can give him money is if it comes out of next years budget and Aitken has accepted that in order to keep us in the league.  The board need to be seen to back the manager without being ridiculous about it and despite the claims from many that this budget is vastly reduced on previous budgets, I just don't see it.

I just can't see this board, who have worked hard to balance our books and eliminate our debt, throwing silly money around without Aitken pressuring them for extra cash, and even then I don't see us spending silly money. 

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

You're probably right that that's the way it went. However, even if it did go down that way, the board still have a responsibility for the financial management and if we're now 'short' for this year, and the playing squad is resultantly thin, then the board are partly responsible.

I do agree though, that our board who work very hard and are very good with our finances are unlikely to have thrown money around without being diligent and planning for the next season.

But whatever the finances, and however the budgets have been spent, it's clear that issues are present. The squad is too thin, we've had a dire start to the season in this cup, and Aitken's eagerness to trot out the same reasons/excuses for defeats is already becoming tiresome.

21 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'll never forget the season we finished 2nd bottom (I think?) Of the 3rd divison.

Bevy had just been discovered by the likes of Moonster and myself and we hoored and toured the country every 2nd week. Some absolutely unbelievable days out. Snudge was also a mainstay, that was before he impregnated a female and got really responsible. He was deep in his wild child stage at that point :lol:

I was an uncontrollable monster. 

It was an absolutely brilliant time. It didn't really matter what the score was at the end of the day. Constant singing and merriment. We were definitely the best fans in the league at that point. 

We did witness some amount of shite players in that period, however it all paid off that glorious day in Annan. Going through all the shite and then days like that are golden. 

Playoff finals, days out at Aberdeen and Parkhead etc are amazing but you go through all that to play at the highest levels possible. This is probably it for us without a mega bucks injection. We will go back down at some point and so be it, we'll still be there. 

Personally, I am going to try and go to as many games as possible this season. Football nowadays is too expensive especially whilst I have a dependent. But I don't drink or smoke anymore so that gives me some leverage with money. I'll need to pick and choose my games, perhaps some grounds I've not visited will be priority such as East End Park, Tannandice and Easter Road. I'm going to Dunfermline for the first game of the season.

Here's some photies from that time. Some awesome Moonster emo hair in there. Apologies for giving us a riddie.

Mon eh sons!!

FB_IMG_1469103272373.jpg

FB_IMG_1469103229717.jpg

I was an uncontrollable monster. 

It was an absolutely brilliant time. It didn't really matter what the score was at the end of the day. Constant singing and merriment. We were definitely the best fans in the league at that point. 

We did witness some amount of shite players in that period, however it all paid off that glorious day in Annan. Going through all the shite and then days like that are golden. 

Playoff finals, days out at Aberdeen and Parkhead etc are amazing but you go through all that to play at the highest levels possible. This is probably it for us without a mega bucks injection. We will go back down at some point and so be it, we'll still be there. 

Personally, I am going to try and go to as many games as possible this season. Football nowadays is too expensive especially whilst I have a dependent. But I don't drink or smoke anymore so that gives me some leverage with money. I'll need to pick and choose my games, perhaps some grounds I've not visited will be priority such as East End Park, Tannandice and Easter Road. I'm going to Dunfermline for the first game of the season.

Here's some photies from that time. Some awesome Moonster emo hair in there. Apologies for giving us a riddie.

Mon eh sons!!

FB_IMG_1469103272373.jpg

FB_IMG_1469103229717.jpg

Jesus :lol:

Thank f**k we're all 10s now.

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Congrats to roaster of the week 

giphy.gif

The best bit of that is that fact we got a free-kick for the wee East Fife boy sitting on the ball :lol:

Can you do a roaster one with Gallagher kicking Kevin Smith plz

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Speaking of Gallagher, what game/games will he miss?

He wouldn't be in my starting 11 but we could be doing with as many players as possible just now.

Just the Dundee game i imagine