Sons' sorrow

Nice one. I tend to prefer the more old fashioned pubs myself but we've got our girlfriends/wives coming so we're probably looking at a more modern pub. We'll probably just go from pub to pub to find a good one we like.

Staying at the Queen of the Loch? Seems to have good reviews and food is supposed to be quite good going by the reviews.

8 minutes ago, ayetherock said:

Don't agree with Stevie being sacked. He's done what he was brought in for. Keeping us up. What concerns me is the lack of fitness. I know it's still pre season but we looked knackered the other night after 30 mins

I was working it out actually this morning when I was writing my blog for the Lennox, 7 of our starting 11 yesterday have played every single minute of the Betfred Cup (Brown, Pettigrew, Buchanan, Sparky, Stevo, Stirling and Thommo). To be playing that amount of football (as well as friendlies) in such a short period of time certainly explains yesterdays late collapse against a full-time (and fresh) Dundee team. I think East Fife made 4 or 5 changes from the Dundee game to when they played us as well, and we simply don't have the depth to do that.

I have every confidence that our players will be fit enough, especially when a few extra bodies are brought in to take the pressure off the first choice XI.

On the subject of the restaurant at the Queen of the Loch, it's been pretty excellent whenever I've been.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Nice one. I tend to prefer the more old fashioned pubs myself but we've got our girlfriends/wives coming so we're probably looking at a more modern pub. We'll probably just go from pub to pub to find a good one we like.

Staying at the Queen of the Loch? Seems to have good reviews and food is supposed to be quite good going by the reviews.

Aye you won't go wrong for food in there.

Balloch house hotel is you're best bet I'd say. Cosy and modern type of place, that kinda Scottish feel to it, the ladies will like it and you can get a pint. I actually really like it in there for a wee lunch with the better half. The Tullie Inn (right next to the station) is quite similar but not as nice IMO.

Whatever you do, don't end up in 'Nightmares' aka Desire til 3am. You'll seriously regret it.

Queen of the loch is rotten, and I'm the least fussiest guy in the world, start at the doghouse, pub crawl all the way down on the left, New restaurant called the woodbank, just opened Thursday, opposite the Glen Roy. Wright's taxis 721020 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

At the Queen of the Loch just now and it's been hoaching since I've been here. We're away to move on now though somewhere on the Main Street.

Always think that how busy a place is helps you judge whether or not people rate it. If it is hoaching then it will let you know people rate the place. Hope you have a good day/night.

Preferably would like to see both stay up, being part time teams, but having seen both play over the last few months, and looking at new signings ,in my opinion Sons have the edge, but who knows a few teams in championship finding it difficult to strengthen. Best of luck.

I don't think Dumbarton will be relegated, Ayr a poor team, depends how your loan signings stack up.

Dumbarton will finish in the bottom two probably tenth. They may well win a play off but I would very much doubt it. Ayr will also struggle and most likely will finish in the bottom two probably 9th and probably lose the play off. Despite this both Aitken and McCall are good managers and are only constrained by their respective budgets.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Dumbarton will finish in the bottom two probably tenth. They may well win a play off but I would very much doubt it. Ayr will also struggle and most likely will finish in the bottom two probably 9th and probably lose the play off. Despite this both Aitken and McCall are good managers and are only constrained by their respective budgets.

Why will Dumbarton probably finish 10th and not Ayr?

Why will Dumbarton probably finish 10th and not Ayr?

Ayr fans seem to be far too confident for the season ahead, not really sure why.

Their manager keeps throwing about the names of strikers way out of their league and then not signing them... Unsurprisingly.

On paper I'd say we have a stronger team, but the remaining signings for both teams could be crucial.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Before we appointed Duffy I'd have had aitken or mccall before him but fair play to Duffy he's worked wonders at cappielow and won over some of the doubters (myself included). In saying that we will struggle this season with our current squad.