Sons' sorrow

Get lost. If he's going to a team around us in the league then these loan signings better be impressive. Centre Mid, box to box, does the basics well and covers a LOT of ground.

Rumour he's on his way to us. Morton Twitter is following him (not that that means he's definitely signing :lol: ) but it'd be pretty random if he didn't.

Rumour he's on his way to us. Morton Twitter is following him (not that that means he's definitely signing :lol: ) but it'd be pretty random if he didn't.

He would do well for any team at this level. Our record was remarkably better with him in the team than without him last season.

Had as many bad games as he had good games - decent player but not too bothered that we didn't get him back. Annoying to see him turn up at a league rival though.

Really?

I thought Jamie was excellent for us and when he was injured it was clear that we badly missed him. Even watching us throughout the cup games it looks like we miss his energy the middle of the park. He had a handful of quieter performances but these were when Stevie shunted him out wide. He is strictly a CM.

I had high hopes we could get him back and feel he would be ideal alongside Stevo. Disappointing we wont be seeing him back at the Rock but such is life. It would be interesting to know if we approached Celtic for his services.

similar to our situation with Mcmanus in that we would have loved t have him back but he went to another club in the same division. 

Going by the majority of sons fans on here he'll be a good signing. Just need to hope Duffy plays him in the centre of midfield! 

Jamie Lindsay has gone to Morton?

I am in actual tears here. Play him in central midfield (never on the wing) and you'll have an absolutely tremendous player on your hands. I had allowed myself to get my hopes up that we'd be able to bring him back.

Nae pressure Stevie, but he's an enormous player to try and replace.

8 hours ago, bigmacDFC said:

Had as many bad games as he had good games

I'm amazed any Sons fan has that opinion. Yeah, he could add more assists and goals to his game, but the work he done in the centre of midfield was absolutely vital to us last season.

Disappointed we didn't get him back but I had heard that Celtic would prefer that he went to a full-time team. We just need to wait and see what loans we get in, hopefully with one or two being confirmed today.

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Lindsay isn't the most technically gifted of players but that can improve with experience. He's a grafter who does the basics well. Does a lot of work that won't win games on its own but is important to the team overall.

I think that's a good summary, I don't think we'll realise quite how much we miss him until, say, mid September (assuming we don't gets somebody better in). One of the players you don't fully appreciate until he's not playing.

Signing today plz Stevie.