Sons' sorrow

18 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I fully understand the concerns and the effect Joe has on the team. But he's not a world beater and we've had a number of players similar to him pass through the club over the last 5 years. He's good but he's replaceable. 

Can we just calm doon until something other than a newspaper linking us loosely to a central midfielder actually happens?

This.

When we didn't manage to sign Lindsay this pre season most folk were starting to worry and were really gutted. But I basically said the above. There are a lot of these kinds of players in premier league team squads. Especially at the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen etc... Teams with an abundance of good midfield players. I would be confident we could get a like for like replacement.

Is it possible that maybe we won't be retaining Harvie? So maybe Stevie is looking to bring in a defensive kid so Sparky is available to go back into the defense.

Final point, I'm also not that concerned by that kind of storyline because I don't particularly think that Joe has been playing defensively in recent weeks. He has quite often been our furthest forward player actually.

1 minute ago, ApacheSon said:

Cheers

"Celtic youngster Joe Thomson looks set to switch sides in the Championship with the midfielder in line to join Queen of the South on loan when his temporary period at Dumbarton comes to an end next month.

The 19-year-old has been a standout for the Sons so far this season and manager Stephen Aitken is keen to keep Thomson for longer however the Parkhead club are keen for the player to continue his development at a full-time club."

We are doing all that we can to keep Joe here. He has done well and playing regularly has benefitted him but so far we have not had anything agreed and I know that other sides will be interested in him."

From the print edition Record today...

"Annan are keen to re-sign Josh Todd after he quit Dumbarton"

A week ago it was Dundee United, now he's apparently left us and is re-joining Annan? Some weird goings on...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

From the print edition Record today...
"Annan are keen to re-sign Josh Todd after he quit Dumbarton"
A week ago it was Dundee United, now he's apparently left us and is re-joining Annan? Some weird goings on...

Dafuq.

I have no idea if there's any shred of truth in this but it would be fairly bizarre considering he done them out of compo by signing as an amateur with ourselves. No great loss wherever he ends up IMO.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Dafuq.

I have no idea if there's any shred of truth in this but it would be fairly bizarre considering he done them out of compo by signing as an amateur with ourselves. No great loss wherever he ends up IMO.

The whole thing has been very odd. I've literally no idea what's going on.

The whole thing has been very odd. I've literally no idea what's going on.

I wonder if we're wanting shot of him or it's him wanting to leave. Despite being shunted around he's been a regular starter in the Championship so I'd be fairly astounded if that's the reason he's leaving.

Maybe the amateur contract is indeed only covering travel expenses and he's wanting out due to that.