Sons' sorrow

Do I have the right to panic if we don't have any signings news by the end of this week? Last year pre-season started on June 18th, so I'd imagine it'll be a week on Saturday this year.

Also, I'm absolutely desperate for a new signing :lol:

Do I have the right to panic if we don't have any signings news by the end of this week? Last year pre-season started on June 18th, so I'd imagine it'll be a week on Saturday this year.
Also, I'm absolutely desperate for a new signing [emoji38]

The lack of activity wont be doing much for ticket sales either.

It would be nice to get at least one or two sorted this week. I'm bored oot ma boobs waiting on some news.

Notice the club congratulating Craig McEwan on the cup win on the site. Wasn't a bad player back when he was with us.

On a slightly different note, did he not get caught out for some dodgy scheme when he was working at a college a couple of years back? :lol:

Afternoon, all. Sorry I've been off-duty on PnB since the end of the season... a lot of other things (like life and work!) to catch up on. But I'll skim through to look for (and register) your comments on youth football and the new stadium planning application, in particular. The trust statements on both of those crucial issues are now online at the trust website. 

On YDI, this is what we've said, and the pledge we've made: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/06/04/trust-response-on-youth-football/  It's also worth reading this piece for background: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15320526.Dumbarton_disband_youth_academy_as_Project_Brave_starts_to_become_a_reality/ This is a massively disappointing situation to be in, but the pressures that led to the decision now (rather than dithering and crossing fingers) are real. Nonetheless, we think there are other ways forward for youth engagement in the future, and we'll be exploring them actively. Meantime, big questions remain about what the SFA is doing and the whole Project Brave fiasco. (I'll be raising those wearing my hat as chair of the Scottish Football Supporters Association, you can be sure).

Regarding the stadium relocation planning application, our statement is here and will be relayed in the local press this week: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/stadium-relocation-planning-application/ Again, our position on this remains solid and clear. I'll continue to update over the summer, as things unfold -- and to make sure that fans' voices and issues are heard. I already have a massive stack of comments from the last consultation, and there will be more of that happening, of course.

As ever, if you want to be in touch with me about any of this, drop me a PM here and I'll let you have my email address. 

Cheers, everyone

Simon 

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Whit are ye talkin' aboot laddie ?

On your phone bychance?

Grant Gallagher has officially signed, there was a lovely photo of him sat between our two manikins with the contract, but as it's a tweet I don't think it'll show up on mobile.

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

On your phone bychance?

Grant Gallagher has officially signed, there was a lovely photo of him sat between our two manikins with the contract, but as it's a tweet I don't think it'll show up on mobile.

I read manikins as mankini's there. Not against either being present for our signings tbh.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

On your phone bychance?

Yes, that explains it.  And it's mannequins BTW, disappointed in you So8 :thumbsdown

Yes, that explains it.  And it's mannequins BTW, disappointed in you So8 :thumbsdown

To be honest It's not a word I've ever actually typed before.

I will remember the correct spelling for the future though. An image of John Baird in a mankini will be burnt into my mind.

In an effort to calm down from all the close season excitement happening at The Dumbarton Football Stadium, I had a quick look at some of the documentation accompanying the planning application for Young's Folly. Got to give them 10/10 for transparency, as there's a glorious photograph of a semi-submerged field in the middle of nowhere.                              

5 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

In an effort to calm down from all the close season excitement happening at The Dumbarton Football Stadium, I had a quick look at some of the documentation accompanying the planning application for Young's Folly. Got to give them 10/10 for transparency, as there's a glorious photograph of a semi-submerged field in the middle of nowhere.                              

sums it up perfectly...the site is no good otherwise AD would have done something with it.Would i be correct in saying that it has remained abandoned for over 50 years?

The plans are certainly worth reading. Plenty of information in there. Some of it is obviously of concern. Some of it gives a bit more detail of Brabco's intentions for the site. The caveat to those plans are that the actual delivery - if it gets the go-ahead - could look different from the outline plan, depending on whats actually achievable and deliverable at the site.

It's another stage along a very long process. Plenty will be discussed between now and any decision being made on planning consent. Theres still a lot of hard work to be done regardless of the outcome.