Sons' sorrow

I dont agree with duffy but it is what it is

If u ask me i think someone with a passion for the club and a connection with the fans is what we need. Paddy flannery or craig brittain would have been a good choice. 

I will support duffy and the team even if he wasnt my first choice. I just hope others will to! 

If u ask me i think someone with a passion for the club and a connection with the fans is what we need. Paddy flannery or craig brittain would have been a good choice. 
I will support duffy and the team even if he wasnt my first choice. I just hope others will to! 

Being popular with fans doesn’t make a good manager. A lot of people seem oblivious to this.

4 minutes ago, sonsrealfan said:

Have you decided to start posting on here now you’ve abandoned the Facebook group?

59 minutes ago, sonsrealfan said:

In that case following your logic and selection criteria,  we should never have appointed Jackie Stewart (ex Airdrie player,  ex Albion Rovers manager), Alex Wright (ex Partick Thistle player, ex St Mirren & Dunfermline manager), Billy Lamont (ex Hamilton Accies player, ex East Stirlingshire manager), our three highest achieving managers of modern times. Do you think Jim Duffy is a bigger gamble than Paddy Flannery or Craig Brittain?

What a funny old world it is. Who could have imagined , even a few years ago, that Dumbarton FC would have a poet in residence? Far less one who would include the phrase “leaden avoirdupois” in a poem about a new manager.

Stephen is a great lad and the poetry is brilliant.

That phrase though, is a bit heavy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What a funny old world it is. Who could have imagined , even a few years ago, that Dumbarton FC would have a poet in residence? Far less one who would include the phrase “leaden avoirdupois” in a poem about a new manager.

That phrase though, is a bit heavy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Fair play to the guy, but poetry in general just isn't for me, and I don't know what half of those hipster words mean.

I quite enjoyed his cup final poem over the video.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

That phrase though, is a bit heavy emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I genuinely had to google what that meant! :lol: