Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Does that surprise you?

That hammering through in Stirling undoes an awful lot of 1 goal victories.

It doesn't surprise me. I thought it might be the case so I went looking for it. You can add the seven goal hammering by Rangers children and Tuesday night.

I just don't see him being sacked. A board doesn't sign off contract extentions if they have it in the back of their minds that the gaffer might be gone in a week. I am fully expecting another god awful statement about how we were unlucky and how we all need to pull together. I also expect some "good news" will be trotted out pretty sharpish in the hope the anger dissipates, probably in the shape of a contract extention (for Faz, knowing this board lol) or new player coming in. 

Since the gaslighting has started already, and will likely continue when(if) we hear from the board.  Let’s remember what we were given this time last season.

Now we need to plan for the forthcoming season and to this end the work has already started, albeit with a different goal from the one we had anticipated and hoped for – our clear aim is to return cinch League One in our 150th anniversary year.

We have Stevie Farrell under contract as manager, along with a number of players, so we are slightly better positioned than in many previous seasons when recruitment was delayed. This is a valid criticism which has been levelled at the Board in the past.

When Stevie Farrell joined the club, he began the process of rebuilding a full squad, and we have put plans in place to enable a smoother, proactive pre-season both in recruitment and performance. With backing and preparation, we believe that he will get this club promoted back to cinch League One. Everyone within the club will work together, as well as with Stevie, to identify and remedy our shortcomings. Indeed, this is work which has already started.

We will be speaking with him over the next few days to discuss his budget, which will inevitably be reduced, though we will endeavour to limit the reduction as much as is possible, in keeping with our commitment to regaining cinch League One status. We will provide support to him and his staff in every way possible to achieve our objectives.

Recognising the huge disappointment which all of us as supporters are feeling, we ask you to unite behind the team and continue to give your support to your football club, especially at this low point. Our supporters are extremely important to us and are the heart of the club. The Young Sons in particular are our future and are valued by all of us at the club, especially by the players.

Please be assured the Chairman, Board, and everyone at the club will continue to work hard to restore our place in cinch League One at the end of the next campaign.

Edited by sonsism

16 minutes ago, sonsism said:

That interview is a complete embarrassment.  

My expectations for the board are extremely low but I’m begging - get this clown to f**k.

Its a car crash of an interview.

Happy with 2nd? We were 10 points ahead and pissing it before injuries hit and we collapsed. Those same players who gave everything all season were absolutely humiliated when it mattered.

Another season of this shite awaits because he's going nowhere and the board won't sack him. Unless he's somehow found a creative midfielder and a goal scorer then it'll be another year of dour, defensive, shithouse performances.

Wee bit of humility from Farrell would have been advised today. Instead he's lit the fuse. Things are likely to get very nasty.

I think a statement from the club’s chairman outlining his position in relation to the manager’s future and the strategy for the club next season would be very welcome right now. What we need here is strong leadership, something I’ve not seen any evidence of for some time.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell is a fucking clown who should be out on his arse this evening but lets not allow him and his team of shitebags to detract from what was a successful 150th anniversary in terms of the work put in from our volunteers off the park.

@O'Kelly Isley III and his compadres done a superb job with the 150th anniversary stuff and @Jan Vojáček & Chris continue to put in the hours doing commentary on the stream for those of us who can’t always attend. Fair play troops, it’s appreciated. 

Sincere thanks for both those compliments BBPF, very much appreciated. And for the record, the 150th effort was a privilege, but for me it was very much one in support of Dumbarton FC the historic football club, as opposed to the current ownership or Board of Directors. Please also note that the sole task allocated to the club itself, namely a commemorative fixture, failed to materialise.

As for the football, today was merely the crash landing that has been in trajectory for months. It was evident some time ago that the formulaic tactical plan had unravelled badly and the failure both to recognise and remedy it had come at a considerable cost. I note however that the denial continues in some quarters.

As an active Trust Board member I have made it my business to get under the bonnet of DFC, whilst acting with courtesy and probity and respecting confidences where necessary. 

Whoever wrote that it can dangerous to meet your heroes was spot-on. I've seldom been so worried about the future of the football club I've supported since the early 1960's than I am this evening. It would take a very long post indeed to begin to detail the issues, and I won't attempt that here.

What I will say however is that I have not and will not renew my season ticket until there is meaningful change at DFC. That comprises many, many opportunities from the pitch, to the Boardroom and beyond to Companies House. Others can make their own personal calls, but I simply will not continue to subscribe to the mediocrity, timidity and decline which currently pollutes the club. Suffice to say that I've now had enough.

Having just watched the interview, that's not a guy worried about his job, it's a guy who has confidence he's going nowhere. Same old loser pish though, glorifying a second place finish as some sort of achievement. 

Quick question - he says he needs to go and work with the recruitment team; is that not him and his assistant? 

“I don’t react to anything… whether people are patting me on the back or stabbing me in the back… East Fife and Annan are happy with their seasons… for some reason that’s not the feeling at Dumbarton… I think the players have had a really good season and I think any objective person would think that…”

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

“I don’t react to anything… whether people are patting me on the back or stabbing me in the back… East Fife and Forfar are happy with their seasons… for some reason that’s not the feeling at Dumbarton… I think the players have had a really good season and I think any objective person would think that…”

Very bold of him to say that when we all know he’s on here all the time and loves a dig in his interviews at people “not believing”.  The mask has slipped once again. 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

“I don’t react to anything… whether people are patting me on the back or stabbing me in the back… East Fife and Forfar are happy with their seasons… for some reason that’s not the feeling at Dumbarton… I think the players have had a really good season and I think any objective person would think that…”

I don’t see many people slating the players for their efforts this season. Granted there’s a few shitebags within the squad but for the most part, the players can be fairly content with their season as individuals. After all, we have a fairly good squad of players for this level on paper.

The management is a completely different story. I’d go as far as to say anything other than a title challenge this season would’ve been a complete failure from a management point of view - Farrell just about mounted a title challenge but couldn’t keep pace when it mattered. The standard in the league this season has been piss poor and coming 2nd isn’t the big achievement he’s making it out to be - our squad is arguably good enough to be playing a wee bit higher than league 2. He’s an absolute clown and he deserves all the criticism coming his way. 

Like others, I don’t see him going anywhere - which could create a very toxic start to next season (if there’s any fans left in attendance in August… I know I won’t be there).

6 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Very bold of him to say that when we all know he’s on here all the time and loves a dig in his interviews at people “not believing”.  The mask has slipped once again. 

I think the fans have got under his skin today, which is good work. I agree with Moonster in there being an arrogance about him, because he knows he’s staying.

I think there’s more of a divide between him and us than there’s ever been; that it’s very clear the fans despise him and he isn’t fond of us either. I do not see that relationship ever being repaired.

Edited by FifeSons