Sons' sorrow

10 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I was down the stadium today. The groundsman says the pitch is solid and he needs the temp to rise.

Aye, that will be a right deep set frost. We’re probably not reaching thaw out temperatures until lunch time on Friday. You’ve got to imagine over 24 hours at 6 degrees along with a load of rain should be enough to thaw it out but I’m nae expert. 

I’m actually wondering if the potential rain might be more of an issue, does a frozen park drain well? 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm hoping Stevies instructions for Lynas are to sit on the bench on current form, tbh.

I reckon start him at right back. His work rate alone means he’s fine there. He’s just not a centre half.

Edited by FifeSons

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I reckon start him at right back. His work rate alone means he’s fine there. He’s just not a centre half.

You’re starting Lynas at RB over Pignatellio?

Edited by super-son

7 hours ago, super-son said:

You’re starting Lynas at RB over Pignatellio?

I think I’d prefer Carlo in midfield. I’m not very convinced by any of our CM’s, other than Gray. I thought Malcolm looked really poor against Bonnyrigg. That said, I’d maybe play him in DM for this to pack the midfield. He’s also more of a physical presence than Wilson or Blair.

Edited by FifeSons

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Haha what a fud. Why would any club in their right mind agree to letting a player they have loaned out play against them even if there wasn’t a perfectly acceptable rule in place? This isn’t a new thing, it’s been happening for decades and quite rightly so.

It’s strange that UEFA allow it/force the parent club to allow it (or certainly used to) in the Champions League. Most memorable cases being Courtois for Atletico against Chelsea and Morientes for Monaco against Real Madrid.

Edited by FifeSons