Sons' sorrow

Martin Hardie to sons? he's being quite cagey on BBC radio Scotland about who he's signing for but he'd be great for us

He said the sons were the worst 1st division team he'd ever played against so I doubt he would drop down to our diddly level

Bit worrying that those rascals from tynecastle could be joining us next season . The only time I can remember the dumbarton polis having to wade into a crowd and lift ragamuffins was in games against.hearts in the seventies.

Mind you if a new pyramid system is introduced could be in a few years time we could be playing vale of leven at the spectacular millburn stadium.

I barely remember winning 5-2 at Tynecastle in 82 (6 at the time), stopped them being promoted from Division 1 and I am sure the police advised the sons fans to leave before full time.

Very famous and memorable result

Glad The Chase has signed back up, was superb more often than not last season and hes a great leader on the park.

As for Martin Hardie, wouldn't be that keen to be honest.

Do we really need him?

I barely remember winning 5-2 at Tynecastle in 82 (6 at the time), stopped them being promoted from Division 1 and I am sure the police advised the sons fans to leave before full time.

Very famous and memorable result

Auld Son used to tell me that story. When the fourth went in the stewards advised that the Sons fans leave to avoid any trouble, which was met with "we can't leave now, we'll miss the fifth going in". Fifth goes in and all hell breaks loose :lol: .

In place of who? Turner over him everyday for me.

Turner is better at his role than Hardie, and Aggy is better than Hardie at his.

Our team last season (Under Murray) was built on energy, and putting in 100% effort. We don't need a 37 year old immobile, past-it player in the middle of the park.

On the previously mentioned Weatherson, he is also immobile and, despite scoring a few against us, is pish.

We should be looking at getting players from the lower divisions. From the good players in last season's squad - Grindlay, Ewings, McGinn, Lithgow, Agnew, Gilhaney, Prunty, Fleming and Lister - were all from lower leagues.

Turner is better at his role than Hardie, and Aggy is better than Hardie at his.

Our team last season (Under Murray) was built on energy, and putting in 100% effort. We don't need a 37 year old immobile, past-it player in the middle of the park.

On the previously mentioned Weatherson, he is also immobile and, despite scoring a few against us, is pish.

We should be looking at getting players from the lower divisions. From the good players in last season's squad - Grindlay, Ewings, McGinn, Lithgow, Agnew, Gilhaney, Prunty, Fleming and Lister - were all from lower leagues.

Hardie & Weatherson would no doubt improve Dumbarton. Hardie scored 10 goals from the middle of the park for a team chasing promotion, not bad for a 37 yr old that's past it. Spoonsy scored 12 as well, not bad for being pish. :P

Hardie & Weatherson would no doubt improve Dumbarton. Hardie scored 10 goals from the middle of the park for a team chasing promotion, not bad for a 37 yr old that's past it. Spoonsy scored 12 as well, not bad for being pish. :P

Scott Agnew scored 11 goals for a team at the bottom of the league, it is easier to score goals for a team that wins more often.

jim Lister scored 15, again for a team at the bottom of the table.